Monday, February 12, 2018

Books to Bark (and Crow) About - #2


Hello guys!  It's us, Booker T and Cass and we are so glad to be back with you during the wonderful month of February.  Hope everyone is having a great 2018 so far and reading lots of good books.  We've been kind of cooped up here as the weather has not allowed us to get out as much as we would like but in the meantime, we've been busy finding everyone some new books to read.  But first, Cass insists on telling a story and since I didn't let him share any bird books this month either, I figured I better give him some time.

CASS:  Hello!  Wow, how awesome that I get to chat with you.  Usually brother hogs the keyboard.  I just wanted to tell you not to feel too badly about no bird or dragon books this month.  Mom bought us an Echo for Christmas (I think technically it was for Dad but oh well) and it makes the most AMAZING bird sounds.  Seriously, it's like they are inside the house with me (which Mom says no to BTW).  It also barks but if I want to hear that I can listen to T or the dogs down the street.  Anyway, if this Alexa chick visits your house, ask her to share the birds!

So here are the books we put on Mom's watchlist.  Grab some coffee, wine or your beverage of choice because we have quite a few.


This one just came out in January and features a dog rehabilitator  who also acts like  an animal psychic.  By the time you read this, Mom may have already grabbed this one.


This one's also out and is told from the POV of the dog.


This one comes out mid-March and features a dog named Sox.  


Releasing in April, I know Mom has already read the first book in this series which centers around individuals working at a no-kill shelter.


Another book coming out in March but Mom seems to enjoy this series.  I also wish she and Dad would open a pub where we were welcome!

So Mom helped us link the photos to something called a Goodreads description.  She explained it would help you decide if you wanted to get a copy.  Our paws aren't always useful when dealing with that darn mouse thingy?  And why is it called a mouse and not "chew toy" or "ball?"

Until next month!



22 comments:

  1. Great list, guys! I love the cover of The Dog Thief, although I'm worried that dogs might be STOLEN in this book. Maybe I should check out the GR description before I freak out😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly I don't think the dogs are stolen. IF so, I don't think it's that bad. The author usually writes vampire humor books so I think she is branching out.

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid I wouldn't trust AI in my house Cass! I find those things creepy! Sorry you guys are still stuck in the house-make sure your mom reads you a few nice stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have gotten out a tad more this weekend. We are also keeping all eyes on them because of the stupid neighbors. I have to be honest, Alexa kind of freaks me out too.

      Delete
  3. Look at all those pretty covers. I love dogs and hope the books are great reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are really bad for my wallet but don't worry you're still both very good boys :) Thanks for the recs, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol about the Echo! Glad you're enjoying it Cass! My cats always freak out when I put bird sounds on. I'm easily amused. :)

    These all look fun, especially The Dog Thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it doesn't take much to amuse me either.

      Delete
  6. I;m thinking Echo might be creepy. Perhaps a horror story about one would be fun. LOL Loving the books. I have Bette's new one. I'm working my way through each of her series to to finish them and really excited about this new series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Echo would make an AWESOME horror story. I'll admit, I do find the whole thing kind of freaky. I mainly use it for music and the weather but they have a running question of the day that hubby and I do together and we're up to 100 points and have several badges so it's becoming "our thing."

      Delete
  7. Those books and their covers all look so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have four dogs and I love their personalities. I think the books about the dog with psychic abilities would be so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of any of these so thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Booker T and Cass!! I hope your mom can read these books soon! They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so many amazing looking dog books! Ugh. so little time.

    ReplyDelete