Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Dogist Puppies - Just What I Needed

TITLE: The Dogist Puppies
AUTHOR: Elias Weiss Friedman
PUBLISHER: Artisan
PUBLISHING DATE: September 19, 2017

FROM GOODREADS: The Dogist Puppies, the follow-up to the New York Times bestseller The Dogist, is a beautiful, funny, and endearing look at puppies. And with their sweet faces, soft bellies, and oversized paws, the puppies in The Dogist Puppies make this book even more irresistible than Friedman’s first one! Presented documentary-style, every portrait tells a story and explores each puppy’s distinct character and spirit. The book presents a gallery of puppy portraits arranged into themes including Ears, Big Paws, Cones of Shame, Learning to Walk, and Fancy Outfits, giving every dog lover something to pore over. With the author’s 2.4 million and growing Instagram followers, The Dogist Puppies is poised to reach a large audience of puppy lovers looking for the perfect gift book this holiday season. 

MY THOUGHTS:  "The Dogist Puppies" is a wonderful book to pick up when you need some cute and cuddly pups in your life.  While the book mainly consists of some the best puppy pictures I've ever seen, Friedman also showcases certain breeds, talks about how he takes such interesting dog pictures (clue - it involves lots and lots of snaps just to get one good one) and even promotes shelter and aide dogs.  While it only took me about an hour to go through this book, it was a blissfully stress-free hour, which was much needed.  

When my Dad passed away, and I was at the funeral home making arrangements with my family, it became too much to bear.  All I could think is that my Dad died less that 24 hours ago and I have to sit her and figure out what flowers he would want, what casket to chose...it all just became too much and I ran out.  My husband found me in a quiet waiting room and there just happened to be a coffee table book of dog photos.  He picked it up and we just sat there looking at the pictures and discussing the dogs through our tears.  I found it to be quite therapeutic and "The Dogist Puppies" had the same effect.  It was nice to lose myself in these awesome photos.  Oh and yes, I now want another puppy!

Who can resist pictures like this!





RATING: 5 PAWS




CHALLENGE: Library Love, What an Animal

18 comments:

  1. Oh Barb, I'm sorry about your Dad, and going through that but YAY for puppies helping to make it better -- and I mean look at those faces? They make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, puppies can make anything better. Even warring neighbors!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! So cute!! I'm glad this book was able to bring you comfort in difficult times <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I have another cute pup book planned for this coming weekend.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, what a wonderful book! There is nothing like a puppy, too bad they are pups for such a short time😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. We have a problem in my house. When they are young, we want them to grow so we can see what they look like all big, but then when they are big, we want puppy breath back!

      Delete
  5. Aww, your post made me cry. I've been in that situation myself with my dad, my replacement dad (my FIL), and my BIL and it is so hard. I want my family to cremate me or have a "natural burial" if that's legal in my state. I'd have them bury me in the back yard if they could, lol. And I don't want a remembrance ceremony either but my husband insists it's for those left behind and resists me. I hate the thought of them having to deal with all of that stuff after I'm gone :( But yeah, puppies certainly help every situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have the right idea. I don't want a big fuss when I pass either.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness!! Those are just the cutest pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I broke my heart to hear about how you felt when your dad passed :( Sorry you went through that! I believe you when you say you found it therapeutic! Dogs are the best thing in the universe to help human go through hard times. I would have 10,000 puppies if I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'd love to retire and have a rescue farm.

      Delete
  8. How totally gorgeous those puppies are all over the page! I can't resist looking at puppies! I know how much it hurts to lose a parent and some days it is still hard to deal with isn't it. I don't have dogs to help me but we had a lot of great photographic memories with my stuffed monkeys on days out and cuddling them can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it may get easier but some days are like it just happened yesterday.

      Delete
  9. AHHHHHHH!!! This is a library book! I so need this in my life. Maybe not as a library book though, as that looming deadline to turn it in would make me sad. Sounds adorable. I completely understand the therapy that dogs can give us. They're so loyal, loving, and just so darn cute! Of course my biggest likes to be my therapy dog. Nothing like a hundred pound mutt trying to sit on you when you're upset. You quickly get UNupset because of all the laughter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library doesn't have this... I'm so bummed. Off to check Amazon!

      Delete
    2. There's an adult version too which I read some time ago. It's just as cute. I'm kind of hoping the author does an elderly dog version next!

      Delete