Friday, February 16, 2018

Weekly Reads (02/16/18


So I'm just going to leave the on-going neighbor saga at yes, we are all still okay.  Yes, the neighbors are still NOT okay.  Law enforcement is not being very helpful, although I will admit it depends on what officer we are working with.  And most importantly, thank all of you for your kind thoughts and words last week -  you guys are the best.  Now on to the fun stuff!!!!

We still seem to be hit or miss with movies and television.  I will say I am REALLY enjoying "Bellevue" and wish it was more accessible for people.  It's an odd little show to say the least.  However, Anna Paquin is STILL Sookie.  I fear it may all she can play right now.  However, it's kind of working for this character (minus the telepathy - and if Sookie got a job as a cop.  Can you imagine???)  We did watch "Justice League" on Valentine's Day.  Now I know it got poor reviews but I watched it because I wanted mindless action and good effects and that's what I got.  Oh, and Jason Momoa.  So it seems there may be a "thing" developing for dear old Aquaman.  

The pups are fine.  It has rained tons this week and more is predicted for the weekend.  Booker wants Dad to build an Ark and Cass doesn't understand that very rarely will birds drown. I will be visiting Grandpa this Saturday and have been doing some winter spring cleaning and hope to continue (aka - throwing junk out).  I am also kind of in a reading funk.  Not a slump per se, but just not feeling what I am reading.  Here's what I'm currently reading and what's up next.  I'm reading both The Cruel Prince and The Sandman right now and I hardly ever read multiple books at once so that should tell you something.


So I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead and have some fun this weekend!!!!

26 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're stuck dealing with crap neighbors and am glad you're all okay. We're having crap weather here too. I was planning to visit my Little Library to drop off a bunch but keep having to put it off. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather got even weirder on Saturday. Rain and then a freak blizzard - while I was driving back from Gpas. At least I know the 4-wheel drive on my truck works.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, some good books. I'm enjoying Bellevue too. And yes, she's still Sookie! LOL Have you tried The Alienist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting series but there are times I'd just like to slap Annie. I need to start The Alienist. I think I would like it.

      Delete
  3. I meant to comment about your neighbors dilemma. Be safe. They worry me! Our flood finally ended and I sat outside this morning, reading and getting a bit of sunburn. It was almost 80!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost 80? We're to have that Tuesday. What a crazy weather year. We will be very careful!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the crap neighbors, hang in there! And hope the reading funk passes soon- I have the same problem, when I'm reading two or three books at once (which I don't normally do) it usually means I'm slumping. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to finish a book over the weekend and start another. I've been picking up what I want rather than what I SHOULD be reading and I think it's kept the slump at bay.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your continuing neighbor troubles. We got tons of rain too, though tomorrow it's supposed to snow. Glad to hear the pups are doing well...and oh, you should let them know that today was the Lunar New Year and it's the Year of the Dog, hooray! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did let them know. They were very excited (and somewhat confused :)

      Delete
  6. Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that your rotten neighbor situation is still going on... Thank you for keeping us all posted! I worry about you all <3

    I'm hoping to see Justice League soon! I'm SO behind on my movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it. I want to see Black Panther too!

      Delete
  7. I've been distracted with real life lately, which is the kiss of death for my reading. So much going on with my daughter and college applications, senior year stuff, she's pretty much running the show these days and it's exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how busy you are. Is she applying to lots of colleges?

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed Justice League. I hadn't watched Superman v. Batman or Wonderwoman so I had to catch up on those before watching Justice League. I hope to see Black Panther this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you think of Black Panther.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you guys are OK, but I'm worried about you not getting much help with the neighbors. :( I hope things get better soon!! I've been in the movie watching mood lately so I'm hoping things calm down around here soon so I can have a bit of a binge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your neighbour problem sorts itself out somehow.
    Enjoy your reads - I really enjoyed Cruel Prince so hopefully that's distracting you some.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I hope they move. They are renters so it's always a possibility.

      Delete
  11. There isn't much worse than neighbours from hell. I hope you can get things sorted. Hey maybe if you moved in with your granpa it would solve the cousins and neighbours issue in one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry that you are still having trouble with your neighbors. That really sucks :( I need to take some time to watch a little TV soon. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on Cruel Prince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked Cruel Prince which is good because for a while, I thought I was going to DNF it!

      Delete
  13. Sorry to hear Law enforcement is not being very helpful :( Cass' concern about the birds is so cute :) yay spring cleaning! Spring is coming! I can't wait to hear what you think of The Cruel Prince. One of my Beat the Backlist challenge team mates found it very problematic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally ended up enjoying The Cruel Prince but it's probably only gonna get 3 stars from me. It was interesting and it picked up (I almost DNF'ed it) but yes, quite a few problems and I'm STILL not sure I liked the MC.

      Delete