Friday, February 23, 2018

Weekly Reads (02/23/18) Some Progress - I'll Take It!


So there has been some progress on my day-to-day saga.  The safety order was finally served Wednesday afternoon.  I received news at the end of the day Thursday.  This required that I pretty well map out directions to our Walmart, advise of the supervisor that needed contact to assist in serving the party and the clerk writing these specific instructions on the order I had to get renewed Tuesday.  Now since both husband and I work in the criminal justice, I know a piece of paper isn't going to protect me if needed.  However, I also know that now law enforcement will take me more seriously when/if I need their assistance, which is primarily why I sought it from the start.  So everyone is still fine at The Farm and I look forward to a peaceful weekend.

Man, is there ever a lull on what to watch.  All my faves seem to have been put on hold because of the Olympics, and rightfully so, and there haven't been tons of movies coming out so I feel like we've been scraping the bottom of the barrel.  We did watch "Flatliners 2017" and it was just okay.  It was nice they had Keifer Sutherland in it but really, did they have to try extra hard to make him look like his dad!  Seriously, he looked like a cross between his elderly dad and his an aged version of his lost boy character.  Does anyone else see it???


So I've also been on a Pink! this week and every time I'm in my work car, I have her new CD on. I can pretty much listen to it all the way through, but right now, this is the one I have on repeat a lot.



 Finally, here are the books that are up next on my TBR pile. I'm about 30 pages into "Sandman" and need to read the last 30 pages of "Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble."  Next up will more than likely be "Pawprints and Predicaments" but I am craving horror so it might be "Snowblind."  Oh the indecision!


So how was your week and do you have anything fun planned this weekend????

32 comments:

  1. That's great about the safety order, at least it should bring some peace of mind. Snowbound looks really good, it's been a long time since I read Christopher Golden😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read quite a bit by him but it's been years!

      Delete
  2. oh I ADORE Pink so much! I also thought "Flatliners 2017" was just OK.
    SO HAPPY to hear the safety order has been issued! I know it doesn't protect you all the way but you are right it does make the police to take the matter more seriously. Sending you love and hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs! They are definitely appreciated. We have court on 3/6 so I hope the order sticks. It should since there was an additional incident after the initial one was granted but before it got served. I adore almost everything Pink sings.

      Delete
  3. I hope your safety order helps. I haven't see the new Flatliners yet - I shall have to make an effort so I can see what Keifer looks like - from the picture he's definitely looking a lot like his dad.
    I love Pink.
    Have a great weekend.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and unfortunately I don't like Donald that much!

      Delete
  4. I think I saw Snowblind on my local bookstore. Kind of intrigued on that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's good. I love thrillers/horror set in cold settings.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I can handle watching Flatliners. I enjoyed the first one so I'm good. :) I'm so glad you have an order on your neighbor. That makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really aren't missing a lot if you skip it.

      Delete
  6. Keifer is such a hottie. Not so much here and I see it. LOL Nice going with getting the protection order. I'm sorry they are such bad neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in love with Keifer when I was younger. Everyone liked all the dark vamps in Lost Boys and Keifer was my fave.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the safety order and hopefully all goes well. Be safe! I think Pawprints & Predicaments looks fun, and Snowblind too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm breezing through it. Definitely the cozy I needed.

      Delete
  8. For once I am glad I have a backlog of movies and tv shows, I have a feeling I'll never run of things to watch, lol

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's good you have a backlog. We ended up watching 2 days of The Walking Dead marathon.

      Delete
  9. I'm pleased to hear about the safety order. As you say, at least the police will be more likely to respond if needed. Hope things will quieten down for you guys at the farm now. Kiefer Sutherland has always been a crush of mine since Stand By Me and The Lost Boys right through to 24! I liked the original Flatliners so I might take a look at this new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too although I never watched 24. I adored him in Young Guns and The Cowboy Way.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE Pink! Her voice is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she certainly has a set of vocal cords.

      Delete
  11. Pink is amazing! I would love to see her in concert but not many big stars come to my state. We usually have to travel to Minneapolis, Omaha, Kansas City or Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't handle the crowds anymore but attended quite a few when I was young. I've streamed some of her concerts that were filmed and they were awesome to watch. Maybe you can check them out that way.

      Delete
  12. Oh Snowblind, I am so curious if it's any good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s good about the safety order! I haven’t tried the new Flatliners yet. I’m thinking I’ll just stick with the old one lol. Enjoy your books and I’m curious about Snowblind! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, stick with the old one. We only watched it because we were desperate.

      Delete
  14. I am so sorry that things are bad enough with the neighbors to need a safety order but glad you have it in place now. It does seem to be all Olympics all the time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Barb, I can't believe how bad things have got with your neighbours! I hope things get better with them bc of the order. Also I saw Flatliners and you're right, it was kind of okay. I expected more of it, because I remember how the original creeped me the hell out. I didn't notice how much he looked like his dad, but you're right, he totally does. Do you watch Designated Survivor?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry, Barb. I hope this saga ends for you. It sounds incredibly stressful.

    ReplyDelete