Saturday, October 15, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (85)

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page. 

So I have been trying to slow down on ARC requests, but have made some exceptions especially when the books aren't coming out until after the new year.  Also, a few old requests were approved. Who am I kidding, it's an addiction I tell ya!


OK, you know I can't resist horror or dogs, so it's a dog kind of week.  Lone Wolf sounds like an interesting start to a mystery/thriller series and I've always had The Rachel Alexander and Dash Mysteries on my wishlist so this is a good place to begin.  As a teen, I read a lot of V.C. Andrews and as this is a new series, thought I'd go out of the box and give The Mirror Sisters a try.


I picked up 2 books at the local bookstore on an impulse and don't regret it one bit.  I actually went to by Stalking Jack the Ripper and ended up seeing Lizzie and not being able to resist.


And finally I got 2 solicited books in the mail and then 1 I actually requested just last week and had no idea it was on the way!


I interviewed Michael Phillip Cash on my blog last year after reading Monsterland so I'm thrilled to have copies of Stillwell and Witches Protection Program.  Also I read Worthy last year and was so excited to see a new book by the same author, Say Goodbye For Now, being released.  I had no idea the published would send me a physical ARC but it was on my porch waiting for me when I ran home for lunch Friday.  

So all in all it was a really good bookish week.  What did you guys add to your stacks???

12 comments:

  1. Another Lizzie Borden novel? I'll be interested to see what you think of it. I'm quite intrigued by Lone Wolf. It's different from my usual reads but I like the sound of it. LOVE the cover of Say goodbye for now-that dog looks so soft! Say hi to the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I had my eye on the V.C. Andrews book but didn't let myself request it. I actually have one from last year that I still need to review. Enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a big V.C. Andrews fan as a kid too, and I do find it hilarious that her "brand" is still writing books. I am dying to hear what you think of her books now. Looking forward to a review sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books with animals, especially dogs! I hope you enjoy your haul :) Stop by if you can:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/10/stacking-shelves-101516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Lone Wolf too! I also received a print copy of The Mirror Sisters this week as well. :) I have both of those Michael Phillip Cash books but not read them yet. :) You got a lot of good ones this week! :)

    I try not to get to many and I think I am doing really good up until the weekend and it seems to get me every time...mostly when I visit blogs stacks or Sunday Post....lol. :) Thank goodness I already had the ones on your blog that I would have wanted...ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an addiction too, and I have a feeling the "it's not coming out until early next year" rationalization (which is my go-to as well, lol) will bite me in the butt come January! But hey I'm not going to worry about that right now! No, I don't have a problem! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone seems to be really enjoying Stalking Jack the Ripper! I'm holding off until the series is complete, but I definitely want to read it. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't dared clicked on NetGalley for this reason! I'm making a goal that I'm not allowed to request anymore books until my rating is back at 80%. Have a good week, and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great book haul - I like the look of the Ripper book I must admit.
    I'm also trying to behave with my requests as I want to get my shelf in order! I'm not sure if it's working or not!!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You aren't the only one with an addiction. I can't help myself and any books released after the New Year are getting my attention. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also trying really hard to stop requesting ARCs and egalleys. So I feel your pain there. I want to read Stalking Jack the Ripper. I haven't heard of that Lizzie, am I correct in guessing it is about Lizzie Borden? Thanks for stopping by my Stacking the Shelves post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Michael Phillip Cash's work and some of those other books look pretty darn good. I too am trying to stay away from review requests, but I find it so hard to say no to some of the yummy reads coming my way.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete