Saturday, May 4, 2019

What's Happening...(05-04-19)

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out.

So another week has passed and I can't believe it's May already. I was more than ready to flip the calendar but then saw Booker T's birthday staring at me so I guess I have that trying day to look forward to.  I guess overall it's been a better week.  I started play Lara Croft - the 20th Anniversary Edition on PS4 and it's mind numbing so that's good. There hasn't been a lot of decent new releases to watch so we got a free week of CBS Access so we could watch the newt Twilight Zone series - I'm not really impressed.  

As I write this, Cass hasn't really been eating well.  I think he may have some stomach issues or then again, I may be overreacting because he's a picky eater on even a good day. When will life get back to normal?  We've had some showers but nothing major - not like my friend Stormi.  I've been worried about her weather all week!  

So I did pick up two hold from the library this week.  I had to get my hands on "Titanshade" after seeing some glowing reviews and I had "Killing November" on Overdrive but didn't have long left on it so I grabbed a physical copy from my library which gives me another 30 days to get to it.  


I also grabbed a few books that I saw on sale for Paul Anka (aka - my kindle).  It was just that kind of week.  "House on Fire" is a horror reissue from Valencourt that I got on sale. I realized "Downward Dog" came out and I hadn't grabbed it yet so I did.  And "Sweetpea" and "Funland" were both daily deals for under $2.00.


And oh, I almost forgot.  Here's what I'm likely to be reading this weekend and into the next week. 
I'm over half done with "The Cold is in Her Bones" as of Friday afternoon (when I'm typing this).  I need to start "The Hiding Place" as it's an Overdrive title I can't renew and if neither of them are sitting right, I'll probably grab the next Kate Daniels as I am in the mood.



So how was your week? Are you reading or watching anything good???

30 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed to hear your thoughts about the new Twilight Zone. We considered getting CBS Access for that too, after Star Trek Discovery fizzled for us, but now I'm kind of hesitating again. And thanks for the reminder about Titanshade, I still badly want to read that because of all the amazing reviews.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a possibility that I'm not in the right frame of mind for it. It wasn't horrible, and I think the second and third episodes were my favorite.

      Delete
  2. I really hope Cass just has a minor stomach virus and that he'll be back to normal soon. The last thing you need is to have more health worries with him. Fingers crossed. That Downward Dog looks really interesting and I might grab that...maybe keep it for the next Puppy Love challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just his nerves playing out. He started eating a tad more Friday evening. Yes, Downward Dog would be great for Puppy Love!

      Delete
  3. You named your Kindle Paul Anka? That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a shout-out to one of my favorite shows - Gilmore Girls. Paul Anka was Lorlei's dog.

      Delete
  4. So jealous you got Titanshade, you will have to let me know if it's worth being jealous over or not...lol. Hope you get to Killing November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. We both requested it for Overdrive so I hope they eventually get it.

      Delete
  5. I've got two picky eaters too, Otis is like a snake, he'll go a couple of days barely eating and then woofs up every scrap of food he can find. I hope you enjoy Titanshade, I just loved it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of how Cass has always been. He did start eating some over the weekend - I think I'm in over-reacting mode. Yes your review of Titanshade highly influenced my recent grab of it.

      Delete
  6. The Hiding Place looks like something I'd definitely read! I hope it's good!
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Pet Semetary? How about IT? If so, you can skip The Hiding Place.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you had a better week. I never got into Tombraider but can definitely see the draw. I still need to get to Killing November. I have an arc and it sounds really fun. Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun game. I like killing people on it but hate it when I have to kill animals. I had to kill a bear the other night. Of course it killed me several times before I got it right.

      Delete
  8. Killing November is awesome, and The Hiding Place looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you loved Killing November and I've not heard bad things about it.

      Delete
  9. That first b-day without Booker is going to be hard, for sure :( And maybe Cass is just sad? I hope he’ll do better quickly!
    Love your new books, and Kate Daniels always helps my mood, that’s for sure.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is sad. He misses having another dog around.

      Delete
  10. I hope Cass feels better. 👍

    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who names their Kindles weird things. My main Kindle's name is Marsha Marsha Marsha. 😆

    For once we have been getting a decent stretch of springlike weather. We usually go from cold, to blistering hot in about a week, but the days have been in the 60s, low 70s, and it's been chilly at night for over a month. 👍

    Have a wonderful week. 💜


    F once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Kindle's name. How fun! Cass has been eating a tad more. I think I'm just being overly cautious and worried about him.

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to hear Cass is eating better. 👍✨

      Delete
    3. Me too. He's always been a picky eater so I just need to calm down and keep that in mind.

      Delete
  11. I hate to hear that Cass isn't eating well. I hope he gets back to his old self soon. I know it has probably been hard on him to lose his doggy brother. I am thinking about everyone in your house, Barb. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been hard on him. He's never been alone before.

      Delete
  12. Downward Dog looks cute. I hope you like The Hiding Place. I think I did lol. Hopefully Cass feels better soon. She probably misses BookerT still. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's somewhat better than The Chalk Man but I'm still not convinced Tudor just wants to write Stephen King fan fiction. I'm about 45% in so we'll see.

      Delete
  13. When I lost my dog, Lassie, Quigley would not eat for days. She used to bring him his food. I tried doing that and he started eating again. I hope Cass gets her appetite back soon and it isn't a health issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be eating okay now. I need to just remind myself he's always been picky. I think I'm on worry overdrive!

      Delete
  14. I definitely want to read Titanshade - you have such a good library! I'm pea green with envy.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have to admit I have three in my area. My county is weird and one of the "cities" in it has their own system so there's that one and it's only 10 minutes away. My local one pretty much buys anything I request in time, and then since I live on the border of my state and Ohio, I was able to get a card across the river and they have an AWESOME Overdrive system. So yep, I'm spoiled.

      Delete