Friday, January 15, 2021

A New Project!

 


Some of you may have saw earlier this week that I finally posted the pics of my near completed home library/office.  If you missed that post, you can find it HERE.  Along with that I posted a resolution that I wanted to read more of my own books.  Now mind you, not all of those books are unread, but a lot of them are.  

So I asked my best pal Stormi of Books, Movies, Reviews!  Oh My!  to help me choose 15 books I could chose from and try to read at least 10 of in 2021.  She chose a set of numbers which represented the bookshelf, the shelf and then the book.  If it was as series and I hadn't read the previous books, I decided to start with the next one needing read.  If it was a book I had already read, I just moved to the next unread one.  I have to say she did a great job so let's see what she picked for me!

















So because I'm kind of a mood reader, I won't commit to reading any of these during a certain month.  However, I will randomly pick from them as the year progresses.  You can see I have a nice mix of fantasy, horror, thrillers and dog-related titles. 

Have you read any of these?  Where should I start?

12 comments:

  1. I did a great job! Can't wait for you to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea for a project and a worthy goal! I make a list at the beginning of every year too of backlist books I need to get to, and I never seem to be able to manage more than 2 or 3 but it's better than nothing! I am thrilled to see Voyage of the Dogs on this list though, it's super cute and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm hoping to get to more of my owned books this year, too. Good luck! It looks like a fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i saw those dog titles. :) hope you enjoy them and i wish you luck on challenging yourself. with so many books waiting to be read, it's hard to choose
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your project! I usually have 50-60 unread books sitting around, so I should also try to read my own books instead of buying more.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! And quite the variety to pick from. I've read One of Us and The Once and Future Witches and loved both of them. Good luck, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy if I find myself in the mood for reading at the moment, never mind in the mood for a genre! I hope to pick out something short to get stuck into tonight to improve my mood today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a nice mix of books. And what a fun way to choose some books from off your own shelves! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read from my own shelves! I buy books but seem to only read and listen to books that I receive for review. It looks like Stormi picked a good mix to pick from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of these, but this sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool!! I hope you find some new favorites here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great! I want to read Voyage of the Dogs,too, and I have One of Us on my Kindle. You'll have to tell me what you think of the Prince book if you read it. 📚

    ReplyDelete