Sunday, January 10, 2021

What's Happening (01-10-21) - General Life Update

 

So once again I'm going to try to make this a regular feature.  I got really bad about updating at the end of 2020.  Hopefully I'll get better at checking in regularly.  As always, I'm linking up with Stacking the Shelves at  Tynga's Reviews and The Sunday Post at The Caffeinated Reviewer.

So first things first, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.  We were both off for close to two weeks and enjoyed a low-key Christmas and New Year's with some reading, lots of watching, football games and video games.  The boys were spoiled rotten as always and Cassius is in love with the High School Senior down the street who even brought him and Apollo toys and snacks for gifts and actually wrote "From your girlfriend Emma" on the card. We also had our first white Christmas in 10 years.

I'm actually working from home with the same non-profit I was working for but in a different capacity.  However, I am worried about how long it will last so have been doing some other searching. I've had two interviews for a state job that seems almost too good to be true and now they are checking my references.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up and just keep reminding myself that at least I'm fortunate enough to be working either way.

We've watched quite a few things recently.  "Sweet Home" on Netflix was pretty awesome and the monsters were pretty scary. I highly recommend it.  "WW84" wasn't bad and I enjoyed the 80's vibes but I wasn't impressed with the villain.  We also finished "The Mandelorian" and I'm so in love with Baby Yoda (and yes I know his name is Grogu and I don't like it one bit!).

So I did get some books for Christmas.  Mr. Barb snagged a few I was hoping for:


So far my reading for the year has been pretty good. I've already finished 3 books and am close to finished 1 more.  However, I have quite a few on the go so here's what I'll be picking up over the course of the week:



So there you have it.  Hope everyone is doing well and look for some exciting posts this week.


17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you had a good holiday and got some new reads. Good luck with the job hunting! It doesn't hurt to know your options.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my fingers crossed about the job prospect, Barb - it's always nerve-racking when you're waiting to find out if you've actually got the post. It looks as though you've made a good start to 2021 - I hope the coming week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on getting that state job! I am glad that you have had a nice holiday and that Cassius got to see his girlfriend :) Nice haul of books! I cannot wait to see what you think of Brother. I loved that book! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! It sounds like you are off to a good reading week. I'm hoping this year will be better.

    I saw Ww84. It was cute. I didn't think it was great, just cute.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I was so disappointed with WW1984. It was definitely not as well written as the first film, in my opinion.

    I've had my eye on Once and Future Witches. It sounds good.

    Hope you enjoy all your books, and thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys had nice holidays! We took our tree down yesterday and I'm always sad when the holidays are over! And ooh I'll have to check out that Netflix show!

    That is so hilarious about Cassius and the girl down the street! :)

    I love the look of Raybourn's books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, we're both off to a great start for 2021 - I'm also 3 books down and almost done with a 4th! I am crossing my fingers for you, hope you get that job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your jobs! You're lucky to be working from home. I've also read three books so far this year, hopefully we can both keep up the momentum. And I like your new graphics! Hope you have a good week😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. On gosh Barb, fingers crossed for good news out of the reference check!! YAY, how fantastic is The Mandalorian? ! I call him Baby Yoda too. 🙃🙃🙃

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the job front! Your break sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed good things come your way on the job front!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to The Sunday Post! It's about the only meme/feature that I do try to follow every week.

    Your reading for the year looks good yes! I've tried to squeeze in a few before school starts when there won't be as much time.

    Good luck for your week and thanks for visiting us! Here's my latest post:

    Top Ten Tuesday Presents ABBA 2021

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo!! I'm glad you got some books for the holiday! I cannot wait to see what you think of In Darkness. I'm diving into that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like nice holidays for you. Mine was quiet too. Now it's back to the hustle and bustle:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

    Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. Books are the perfect gifts. 🎁📚💜

    Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that you get that job. 🙌🙌🙌

    I hope you have been having a good week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have my fingers crossed for you that you receive good news on the job front.
    Lovely book haul too.
    We also watched and loved Mandalorian, and can't help calling Grogu? Baby Yoda - it's just more fitting.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmm Baby Yoda should just be Yoda, not some other name. It's virtually a rule! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front.

    ReplyDelete