Sunday, June 11, 2023

Farm News: June 11, 2023

 


So I guess I'm back!  I need to make one last ditch effort to get this blog back up and running for good or else wave goodbye forever.  I have to find some happy medium to make it work so here's hoping I can do that.  Also, I want to thank my dear friend Stormi for encouraging me time and time again to get back in the game.  So basically this will be a small life update and little reading update.  Look for at least a review I have planned for next week and a Can't Wait Wednesday post - which I am affectionately calling Feed Your TBR.


First and foremost, I have to let everyone know I lost my soulmate puppy Cassius on March 26th.  It had been a turbulent year with him which looking back, was probably the result of an illness building we couldn't see.  He got aggressive at times with Apollo again and I ended up twice in the ER due to bites breaking them apart and Mr, Mike ended up there once.  At the end of January, we noticed a lump forming on his chest.  The vet thought it was a fatty tumor but it started growing rapidly so we were doing a biopsy before a scheduled removal.  When the vet did it, he discovered it was full of blood and likely the result on cancer throughout his body and causing internal bleeding.  Within a week he couldn't go down steps without us carrying him so we had to make the humane choice that broke my heart and honestly one which I am still not over.  I will love him forever and he touched my life in ways no other dog before him ever did.  I miss him everyday and am a bit broken now.

But through it all I've still maintained my love of reading and my dogs have always had a presence on this blog so I will continue to honor him and share Apollo's antics.  He is now 3 1/2 and although he's a bit more lonelier than before, he is still being spoiled rotten.

This week I had to pick up a few library holds.  I have been using one of my branches pretty regularly, as well as several branches for Libby and I have to admit, I'm doing pretty good at scoring a lot of the reads I've been wanting to get to.  I have become a Tessa Bailey fan recently and was thrilled to be the first in line to get Unfortunately Yours (A Vine Mess #2).  I have been having a real hit or miss summer with thrillers but I am anxious to give The Chateau a try. And finally, I grabbed My Murder after seeing it pop up all over the place.


So what are you reading this week and do you have any fun summer plans?  

12 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back Barb! I'm sorry to hear about Cassius though. How terrible. Hang in.

    The Chateau does look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you back! I've missed you! So had to immediately come say hi when I saw your name on the CR Sunday link up. So sorry to hear about Cassius. Losing our pets is one of the hardest things! I really need to finish the one Tessa Bailey book I started because her books all look so good. But I had a bit of trouble getting into it because it was third person and I usually prefer 1st person for romance. I hope you have a good week and welcome back!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your sweet Cassius! Losing a beloved pet leaves such a hole in your heart. I bet Apollo really misses him, too.
    I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming posts! Wishing you the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious what you think of Chateau and I haven't heard of My Murder...hmmm. Glad your back, hope it sticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so sorry about Cassius. I'm still not over my childhood pet Trina and that was probably before you were born. I'm glad you are back! Once a week or once a month. Figure out what works for you.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're back, but I'm so sorry to hear about Cassius. It's a really tough decision, and one we have had to make several times, so my heart goes out to you. You will always love him and miss him, but the pain does ease after a while.

    As for blogging, there's no rule that says you have to post X number of times per week, or even on a regular basis. It's perfectly fine to post when you have something you want to share. It's your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back, Barb! One of the worst things about blogging is watching all my friends disappear over the past few years. And my heart is breaking for you and the loss of Cassius😥 My Otis is starting to really slow down and it's so hard to watch that transition. I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back, but I'm sorry about the dog. I think my retriever dog died from the same type of cancer. It was blood vessel cancer, and it spread everywhere really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about Cassius. I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs last fall because of a fast growing tumor as well, and it was so very sudden and I feel your pain and your grief. Please give Apollo a hug for me and I am glad to see you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much love and healing, Barb ♥ I'm glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry to hear about Cassius. I know how important he was to you. I am so glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete