Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Feed Your TBR - The Handyman Method

 


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



AUGUST 8, 2023

FROM GOODREADS:  A chilling domestic story of terror for fans of Black Mirror and The Amityville Horror .

When a young family moves into an unfinished development community, cracks begin to emerge in both their new residence and their lives, as a mysterious online DIY instructor delivers dark subliminal suggestions about how to handle any problem around the house. The trials of home improvement, destructive insecurities, and haunted house horror all collide in this thrilling story perfect for fans of Nick Cutter’s bestsellers The Troop and The Deep.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I'm really intrigued about the subliminal suggestions mentioned in the synopsis and on a complete other note, I can't recall the last home improvement project Mr. Mike and I undertook which didn't make me think my house or something in it was possessed.  I've read two other Cutter books, The Troop and Little Heaven.  Let's hope this one doesn't go down in infamy like Little Heaven did.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK?  LET ME KNOW SO I CAN FEED MY TBR!




8 comments:

  1. I have this on my list, but I've never read Nick Cutter (shocking I know!), so I'm a little wary😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... a creepy DIY project! This one sounds fun, Barb - I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the sound of this. I've been meaning to check out some of Nick Cutter's books, I've heard a lot of intriguing things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it has the potential to be the perfect spooky season read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I haven’t read this author before so thanks for bringing this book to my attention. I hope that you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read something from this author in a while. I will be curious to see what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this sounds so good and creepy! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The subliminal thing sounds like an interesting plot device. When I first looked at today's entry I thought that the Handyman Method referred to how you were adding books to your tbr lol. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete