Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Feed Your TBR - The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic

 


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



September 19, 2023

FROM GOODREADS: For fans of Practical Magic and Gilmore Girls, The Unfortunate Side Effects of Heartbreak and Magic is a debut novel that explores the shields we build around our hearts to retain our own magic.

Sadie Revelare has always believed that the curse of four heartbreaks that accompanies her magic would be worth the price. But when her grandmother is diagnosed with cancer with only weeks to live, and her first heartbreak, Jake McNealy, returns to town after a decade, her carefully structured life begins to unravel.

With the news of their grandmother's impending death, Sadie's estranged twin brother Seth returns to town, bringing with him deeply buried family secrets that threaten to tear Sadie's world apart. Their grandmother has been the backbone of the family for generations, and with her death, Sadie isn't sure she'll have the strength to keep the family, and her magic, together.

As feelings for Jake begin to rekindle, and her grandmother growing sicker by the day, Sadie faces the last of her heartbreaks, and she has to decide: is love more important than magic?

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I love witchy novels and let's be honest, this one had me at Gilmore Girls.


WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK?

8 comments:

  1. Good one. It sounds like there's a lot going on. I'm going to add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very fun read. Thanks for sharing, Barb 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is new to me and I immediately added it to my TBR. The Gilmore Girls comparison grabbed me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fun and I haven't watched The Gilmore GIrls...lol. I know, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m looking forward to your review of this one! I love Gilmore Girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I love books about witches! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got this one on my TBR too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete