Sunday, June 18, 2023

Farm News - June 18, 2023

 


So this week has been a pretty good one.  Rather non-eventful but I'll take it.  Mr. Barb returned back to work after being off 3 1/2 weeks due to some back issues.  He is still in physical therapy and having some pains here and there but is better than he was.  Since I work from home, him being off was like a little taste of retirement and I will say overall I enjoyed it but there might be a few kinks to work out.  I'm sure it was "worse" because he was laid up and couldn't do much.  

Working from home has made Apollo's transition to being an only pup easier.  I'm able to walk him before work and during lunch and there is an older lady down the street, he feels he must check on each day.  Plus he likes her dog Winkle even if all she ever does is bark at him. 

This week is a 4-day weekend for me.  Monday is Juneteenth and Tuesday is WV Day so two paid holidays in a row!  I hope to get some reading done and may try to work in some gaming as well.  Tonight is the mid-season finale of Fear the Walking Dead and being the last season, I am enjoying this one more than the last few.  We are also watching From on MGM.  Season 2 is definitely an improvement over last season and I actually look forward to tuning in each Sunday for the newest episode.  I highly recommend it if you haven't given it a shot.


And these are the books I received for review this week.  I really am starting to love supernatural rom-coms so I'll definitely be reading Do Your Worst sooner than later.  And The Horror at Pleasant Brook not only releases at Halloween, but it's also set at Halloween.


What books did you get this week and are you reading anything good?  Also, thanks so much to everybody for stopping by this week after a long absence and for all the kind words.  You guys are the best!



9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Mr Barb is struggling with back issues - they are often so agonising! I hope he is well on the way to recovery and soon feels a lot better. And I love the idea of Juneteenth:))). I also have a real fondness for supernatural rom-coms - I've a particular weakness for historical paranormal series which have been a life-saver this last couple of years. Take care and I hope the coming week is a kind one, Barb:)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Your Worst is on my TBR, can't wait to see what you think of it! Glad your hubby is doing better. I know my mom said having my stepdad home when he retired and she was still working from home was a bit of a pain for her, lol. But now she's retired too, so I guess they've mostly worked out the kinks. Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your long weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well anyone you live with takes a bit of adjustment and their routines. I hope you have a really great holiday weekend!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. "must check on every day". That's cute. :)

    That's so funny you mention From. Another blogger rec'd it to me and I started it last night! The premise reminds me of Wayward Pines a little (the town and not being able to out). Hoping to see more this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh a long weekend, I hope you get lots of reading and gaming in. My husband started working from home when Covid hit and never went back, so I had to get used to it pretty quickly. And then he retired, so I was already adjusted, lol. Hope you have a good week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that Mr. Barb has come back! And I really need to watch the Walking Dead sometime! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think husbands' retirement is the reason there are so many senior women volunteers. 😁

    I love the cover for Brave Expectations. 📙✨ I need to start sorting out my October TBR. 🎃

    I'm so very happy you are blogging again. I missed you. 🤗

    ReplyDelete