Monday, August 28, 2023

A Late Farm News - August 28, 2023

 


I took a small break from blogging over the weekend but still wanted to touch base so I'm doing a late Farm News.  Last week was kind of hectic at work and on Thursday night, I noticed a knot/welt on Apollo's forearm area.  It came on super quick and of course I panicked but I gave him Benadryl and iced it and it started to go down.  Just to be safe, his vet saw him Friday morning and he believes it was some kind of bite/sting, but I never saw him react like he got bitten so who knows.  He recommended a few more days of Benadryl and he seems to be good now.

I am trying to wrap up a few books before April is over.  I am not far into Looking Glass Sound and am about 25% into Murder on a School NightUnfamiliar is a cute little graphic novel I grabbed on Hoopla so I know it will be done in time.

I also had three hold come in from the library this week and I'm excited for all of them.  Chase Me is a reissue for book one in a series Tessa Bailey started in 2015.  I really like her books as they provide a nice, light break most of the time, so I grabbed it.  The Handyman Method is a book I featured on my Feed Your TBR feature a few weeks back.  Let's hope it falls more on the side of The Troop and less on the side of Little Heaven. And finally, I was curious about The St. Ambrose School for Girls so I snatched it up as well.  I haven't heard much about it though.


That's it for me this week.  Are you reading or watching anything good?


11 comments:

  1. I'm concentrating on my review stack right now. I have lots of September and October releases to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Apollo is fine. It's too much horror for me but I'm glad you enjoy it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Apollo is doing well. Enjoy your books. They look really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor Apollo! I always worry my dogs would get stung or bitten, but I have a feeling they wouldn't even act like it. Murder on a School Night has been on my radar, will have to see what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that it sounds like Apollo is doing better. I took my Piper to the vet last week and Stella went today. Too bad they don't offer some kind of frequent visitor program. I really liked Looking Glass Sound and hope that you do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the pup is okay. That must have been scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Apollo got better quickly. I particularly like the looks of Unfamiliar. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Apollo is ok! It's so stressful when your pups get sick or bitten. Have a good week😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the heads up about Unfamiliar! <|:)

    I'm glad Apollo's bite wasn't serious. ☺

    ReplyDelete