Sunday, August 20, 2023

Farm News - August 20, 2023

 

Thank heavens it has been a pretty uneventful week here at the farm.  My mom, who works in a nursing home, came down with Covid a few weeks ago and she is now fully recovered.  Mr. Barb's back seems to be holding out and he will wrap up physical therapy this week, and I've now hit 8 consistent months of working out at least 4-5 days a week.  Trying to stay healthy as one gets older is often a pain in the butt right?

I read three books for the Dog Days of Summer Challenge this past week so look for some more reviews coming up.  That was my goal, but I'd love to squeeze in one more because every book featuring dogs read and reviewed in August earns LaLa's animal shelter $5.00.  Here are the books I'm currently reading, or which might be coming up this week.


We haven't watched any noteworthy movies this week but are still watching Dark Winds which is really good this season.  I'm excited for American Horror Story in September even if I could do with Kim Kardashian being in it.  

I guess that's about it this week.  Gonna run and take Apollo for a walk while it's still cool.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom is ok! I can't wait to hear more about the dog books you read. I'm also curious to hear your thoughts on A Twisted Love Story. Have a good week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's awesome about the dog shelter getting money that way! I am excited for the new American Horror Story too, but hoping it is one that keeps my attention all the way through this season, as the last few I lost interest in a few episodes into the season. Glad your mom is over Covid. Hope your husband continues to get to feeling better and you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your mum is making a strong recovery from Covid - and that Mr Barb's back is holding up. I herniated a disc 10 years ago and it was excruciating. I hope the coming week continues to be uneventful in a bad way and you enjoy your books:)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark Winds is awesome! And Twisted looks fun. Glad to hear your mom is all better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes COVID is still out there and I'm still wearing a mask when I go out. The epidemiologist reports I read say it's on an upswing since July, not as bad as last year but a new variant which they don't know how severe it will be. Good for you getting in your activity. I try and Lulu loves going for walks as often as I will take her.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would they ruin American Horror Story like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books look really good, especially the Heather Graham book. I really want to get back to reading her books. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your mom is fully recovered from covid! And I hope you have an awesome week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your mom is feeling better. I don't like exercise--or should I say I struggle to find time for it--so I commend you on sticking to it.

    The Evil side caught my eye this week. Hope you enjoy your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_094411647.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope this week is working out well for you.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the dog books! 🐕✨

    Kim Kardashian?! Good grief. 😜

    I hope you've been having a good week. ☀

    ReplyDelete