Friday, January 23, 2015

Stacking the Shelves





This is my first time participating in Stacking the Shelves, although I have followed the weekly meme for quite some time.  Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews

First up I will share my ebook haul.  Since I have never done one of these before, and don't know if I will participate weekly, or maybe just bi-weekly or monthly, this basically includes everything I have obtained during January.  I will link the books to their goodreads page.


Here is what I have added to the Kindle:


pic name pic name
pic name pic name

Burned (Fever #7) - Karen Marie Moning.  I love this series and I pre-ordered this new title which was released on 1/20/15.  If you haven't started this adult urban fantasy series yet, what are you waiting for?

The Book of Ivy - Amy Engel.  This one has been all over booktube.

Alice in Zombieland - Gena Showalter.  Found this one for 1.99 on Amazon and couldn't pass it up.

The Shadow of Black Wings - James Calbraith.  Grabbed this one for free on Amazon.

Ignite - Lily Paradis. Same goes for this one,

A Little Something Different - Sandy Hall.  I purchased this by accident.  I had seen a few reviews and was adding it to my Amazon wishlist for future consideration and hit the 1-click purchasing option instead.  I took it as a sign.

I received these from Netgalley for review:


pic name pic name

Shadow of the Raven (Dr. Thomas Silkstone #5) - Tessa Harris.  I didn't realize that this was part of a series and am extremely picky about reading series in order.

The Venus Trap - Louise Voss.

Follow the Leader - Mel Sherratt

Next up are a few I checked out from the local library.





The White Magic Five & Dime - Steve Hockensmith with Lisa Falco.
Ready Player One - Ernest Cline.  Yes, I think I am one of the last people to read this book.
The Midnight Plan of the Repo Man - Bruce Cameron.  This was on the new release shelf and I couldn't pass it up - look at that abstract dog on the cover - how cool!
The Lesser Dead - Christopher Buehlman.  Vampires, and not the glittery, shimmery kind. Always good.
Wide Open - Deborah Coates.  I have seen this time and time again on BookOutlet and always pass it up.
The Future Falls - Tanya Huff.  The conclusion to her newest series.  I find the books sort of slow, but really have to know how they end.


And finally, a few I purchased right after the new year started.
Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) - Gail Carriger.  I have heard great things about this series.
Night Film - Marisha Pessl
Carrie - Stephen King.  I can't believe I have never read his first book.  This will help fulfill my Hail to the King challenge.
And last of all, who can resist a cute Sloth bookmark.

There you have it.  Hope you enjoy seeing what I have accumulated.  Please leave a comment and let me know which ones I should make priority.


7 comments:

  1. Great haul! A Little Something Different sounds like such a unique love story. I'm hoping to pick up a copy of it soon. I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on trying to read it sometime in February. I have heard mixed reviews though.

      Delete
  2. Woah, these books are all so new to me. I hope you enjoy them though. Stacking the Shelves #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books this week! I'm looking forward to reading ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND! I hope you enjoy them all!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to finish a Stephen King book, but Carrie has been on my list for a long time now. And I've also been wanting to read Night Film, since I've heard plenty of good things about it! I hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I counted a few weeks ago and I have read over 35 novels/novellas. I didn't realize it was so many, but then again, I have been reading him for years.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete