Friday, July 1, 2016

Weekly Reads (07/01/16)


My hectic week last week has continued on and all I can say is I am definitely ready for a "STAY-cation" which luckily starts today after I finish work.  As a result of the storms last week, Booker T ended up with a stress-inducted bout of pancreatitis which led to his second visit to the ER vet in less than 3 weeks.  Needless to say, it's a good thing I didn't have vacation plans and that his daddy started his vacation a week earlier so someone is at home to keep an eye on him.  Thank Heavens we think we caught it early and he was sent home that night after an IV and with a month full of meds. He is doing much better.  Now if we can survive the 4th of July - Damn fireworks!

There has been nothing on TV much this week except for the great season finale of Game of Thrones and of course, we are still enjoying Outcast on Cinemax.  Not many movie releases so I hope that picks up some while I am off.

I read a great book this week - The Suicide Motor Club - and if you love horror, check out my review and the book as well.  I am working on my June TBR but I think these are the books which are up next.  I have actually started Dog Gone so "Go Me!"


pic name Madness of Mercury The Hatching Wake the Hollow

Since I'll be off for 9 days, I am hoping to get a tad more reading done than usual - we will see. Those are usually my last words right before I hit a slump. I also need to stay away from The Gilmore Girls on Netflix - it's an addiction I tell ya.

So what are you plans this coming week???

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time on your staycation and I hope you get to get some quality reading time in :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete