Saturday, September 3, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (79)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page. 

I have a few things to show you guys this week but then let's be honest, don't I usually?  I'll start off with two books I got in the mail last week from Book Depository.


Poison City: Paul Crilley - I've wanted this one forever but it isn't available in the US.
Season to Taste: Natalie Young - A woman who kills and eats her husband.  Let me go on record here that I'm not looking for ideas, but this sounds so strange I couldn't pass it up.

I received these for review from Netgalley and the publishers:


Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil: Melina Marchetta - I'm anxious to read my first Marchetta book as I've heard good things about her.
Keys to the Coven: Vicky Loebel - ould resist the cover if I have to be honest...plus, witches.
Gilded Cage: Vic James - I've wanted this for some time and was thrilled to be approved.  Thank heavens it doesn't release until February though!
IQ - Joe Ide - Sounds very interesting.

And finally, Entangled Teen sent me the following two books:


Spindle: Shonna Slayton - Look at that cover!
Remember Yesterday: Pintip Dunn - I really enjoyed book one and am interested to see what happens next!

So what did you pick up this week???



11 comments:

  1. I like the cover for Spindle-it is pretty eyecatching. An interesting mix of books on your haul this week. I hope you have fun with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I really want to read Poison City as well! The covers of Spindle and Remember Yesterday are stunning! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slightly intrigued by the Season of Taste one...lol. I don't have a husband but I am curious about it...lol. So did your husband take a look at that book and give you the eye...lol. :) Enjoy your books!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the IQ book too. I am really hoping that it is a great story. I can't wait for your review of Season of Taste....that sounds like a book that I would love (not looking for ideas either). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trips to the Book Depository are always nice, for books that aren't released in the US yet. I'm also very interested in Poison City.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entangled Teen is on POINT with their covers! The covers for both of those are AMAZING. I hope you enjoy all of these books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poison City sounds interesting, and Season to Taste I had to look at twice to see if I was reading that correctly. lol Remember Yesterday sounds good also- I like a good time travel story.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melina Marchetta's new one is absolutely brilliant -- I ADORED it. Poison City is another I've been busting to get, as is IQ! And Season to Taste! Oh my gooodness, for a book with that blurb, the cover is almost cheery?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gilded Cage caught my eye. Enjoy your latest haul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm considering requesting Keys to the Coven, but it's supposedly part of a series yet it was published in 2012 and still no more books are out. So that has me hesitant. And if it is a standalone or the only book about those characters, then I don't want it anyway because I'm trying to stop taking standalones. But it does sound interesting. I'd have requested if not for those things. I'm also kind of considering Spindle and I can see why you requested Gilded Cage since that one caught my attention too!

    ReplyDelete