Tuesday, September 13, 2016

TTT - Top 10 ALL TIME Favorite Stephen King books

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at our top 10 books from a certain genre.  Since I've featured similar lists in the past (horror, dog-related, cozy mystery) I kind of cheated and made Stephen King his own genre. 

 Oh well, my blog, my rules!  Anyway here they are in no particular order!


THE SHINING - I would have to go out on a limb and admit this is probably my favorite book of King's.  I love so much about it and especially the setting.

SALEM'S LOT - No sparkly, glittering vampires for King.  These vamps are terrifying!

NEEDFUL THINGS - I really appreciate how King's settings are actually a character all on their own and he does it well in this one.

CHRISTINE - King started my fascination with evil cars!

JOYLAND - If you haven't read this one, you are definitely missing out.

FROM A BUICK 8 - Another evil car.  And now that I've seen this cover, I have to find this edition.

IT - I'm sure Pennywise gave me nightmares as a child (and yes, I was THAT child who read Stephen King books).

REVIVAL - I know this one got mixed reviews, but I really liked it!

11/22/63 - It's not really horror and I honestly didn't think I'd like it much - boy, was I wrong!

PET SEMATARY - I won't ever discuss what a disappointment the movie was for me.  It was probably the beginning of my "the book is always better than the movie" crusade.

So...........what all made your lists this week?  Are you a King fan as well?



15 comments:

  1. I've only read one of these books, and it was years and years ago! I definitely plan to get to "11/22/63" at some point, but first I have to finish King's Mr. Mercedes series. While I haven't read a ton of Stephen King, I have read three Joe Hill books. And your comment about evil cars totally made me think of "NOS4A2." Must be a family thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read King! I've been told I absolutely must and been told the books I must read (many from this list) but I haven't gotten to him. I'm kind of hesitant because I don't like being scared or creeped out that much lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I some how don't see you ever reading Stephen King...lol.

      Delete
    2. Start with 11/22/63 Berls. Not really scary or creepy - just suspenseful.

      Delete
  3. Great topic! 11/22/63 was a bit of a departure for him, but it was such a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit there are some here I haven't read. *hangs head* I need to fix this...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read stephen King and have never really wanted to since I tend to dislike horror, but I've been curious about 11/22/63 (heard it was REALLY good) and Joyland looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your list. I am mostly a fan of King's newer stuff. 11/22/63 is probably one of my favorite books ever! The ending made me bawl my eyes out!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent list!! I haven't read Joyland or From A Buick 8 yet, but I LOOOOOVE all the rest. Fantastic TTT. Honestly I have so many fave SK books it's so hard to put them in an order. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man... so many I still have yet to read. I adore King but I didn't start reading his work till super late in life. Pet Sematary would definitely make my top ten though. I'm reading The Stand right now and am really impressed with it even though it's taking me ages to get through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As i think I maybe said on here before - the only horror book I ever read is The Shining. So, I guess if I've only read one, it's good I read the best one. :)

    I love Steven' King's "On Writing." Great book for writers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only read one of these. I have some catching up to do. I do agree with you about Revival. I loved it despite the mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. IT is my all time favourite followed by The Stand. Also liked Salems Lot, Carrie and Christine. I didn't like The Shining, Pet Semetary, and most of his books after his accident. Makes me want to read IT again right now...

    ReplyDelete