Friday, September 30, 2016

Weekly Reads (09/30/16) Fall Is Here!!!!!


Booker T and Cass insisted I include a pic of a dog playing in leaves and since they haven't had the chance to do so, this is the best I could come up with.  Hope everyone is enjoying the weather in their neck of the woods.  We actually got rain yesterday and today, and not heavy thunderstorms, just nice, soft drizzle which we so desperately need.  Makes me a happy camper.

I've not gotten much reading done this week do to some other obligations but I'm hoping to remedy that by Sunday (and Saturday evening too if I can get away with it).  I knew this week didn't hold a lot of reading time and needless to say, when I don't get to read much, I get cranky,

We haven't even really had time to start watching the new season of Longmire yet which is a bummer.  I have caught a few episodes of  Gilmore Girls for my re-watch plan since the new ones come out at the end of November.  I just started Season 7 which is my least favorite.  We also watched the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie this week.  It was cute and I've had a softness in my heart for the turtles since I was in high school.  I had a cling-on stuffed Michelangelo hanging on the inside window of my truck for ages. I thought the first movie was better, but this one was still entertaining.

Here are the books up next on my reading pile and I have already started both Otherworld Chills and The Graveyard Apartment and am enjoying both.



Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead of them!!!!


7 comments:

  1. We have cooled down here and though I like the temp during the day the night is just to cold for me. Anything under 50 is not my thing....burrr. Thank goodness for puppy warmth as my dogs are trying to stay warm too and under the covers with me...lol.

    I am curious to see what you think of Graveyard Apartment as I have that book to read. :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've cooled down a bit which had been nice. I just don't want rain during the day - I have Kinder recess to think about :)

    I'm really looking forward to the new Gilmore Girls episodes in November - I did my re-watch this summer. I binge d to much to be able separate the seasons in my head though - so I can't place whether I like season 7 or not... Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is adorable! Even if it is not your puppies! I just found out about Otherworld Chills and I am so excited, and confused and sad because here, it's called the "final anthology" of the Otherworld series, but on Goodreads, the same cover doesn't say that. So me = CONFUSED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, our weather is still in the 90s, I'm so ready for cooler weather. I hope to start The Graveyard Apartment soon. I'm ready to be scared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe I love that picture of the dog. So cute!! I can't wait for the new Gilmore GIrls show. Also, as you know, I can't wait to start The Graveyard Apartment myself. I'm looking forward to reading your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've cooled down considerably in the last week, and the whole family even has a cold to show for it. Hopefully we'll still have a few more days of warm weather left in the year before things really get cold!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute pic! I got Otherworld Chills through the post this week as well which is great-I'm so looking forward to getting into it!

    *waves* to furry dudes!

    ReplyDelete