Saturday, September 24, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (82)


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.

I received 2 books in the mail from Book Depository.  I am anxious to start both (story of my life)!


I have wanted both Sirius and Cassius for quite some time and of course adding Cassius to my collection was a no-brainer!

I grabbed some books when Kindle had them as Daily Deals or Freebies.  Seems like I must be in the mood for mysteries and Killing Trail, The Cold Dish and Dog Collar Crime are all the first books in a series. 


I received Better Late Than Never from the Penguin First to Read program which is thrilling because I just featured it on W.O.W. a week or so ago.  I love this series and if you like cozy mysteries or books about books/libraries you can't go wrong.


And finally Netgalley and the publishers provided The Roanoke Girls, The Motion of Puppets and White (yes, another horror set in winter!)



So what did you add to your shelves this week and have you read any of these?

13 comments:

  1. You got a lot of books that are new to me I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, The Girl with all the gifts! I really enjoyed that book so I hope you do too. Love the cover for Cassius...he looks so warm and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of great books! I have been wanting to try that K-9 series! White has also caught my interest! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Don´t know any of them, but some look really interesting and I hope you´ll enjoy them all. Have a great weekend.

    my STS

    best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books look great. I think The Motion Of Puppets looks like something I need to read. Have a great time reading all your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you got some great reads this week, Barb! I can't wait to see what you think of Sirius and Cassius. :) Craig Johnson is an author I've been meaning to read but haven't yet...I'll get there some day. ;) And I'm very curious about The Roanoke Girls - that looks good! Actually, I like all the covers from your Netgalley scores but that one really captured my eye. ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved The Girl with All the Gifts, I hope you find time to read it:-) Oh and The Motion of Puppets, I'll be reading that very soon. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White by Tim Lebbon caught my eye too, but I've been trying really hard to control my NetGalley requesting lately, and I already have so much horror on my TBR. I'll probably pick it up at some point, but in the meantime look forward to your thoughts!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got denied for The Roanoke Girls, so I'm really excited to see what you will think of it. It sounds so intriguing! I hope you love all these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I haven't heard any of these. I'll have to check them out. I hope you enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Curious about the Motion of Puppets. I read one of Donohue's books once--I can't remember the name but something about a changeling. I like his writing, it's a little bizarre! In a good way lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read The Girl with All the Gifts. I bought it the last time it was on sale, I believe. I had my eye on the First to Read title but I talked myself out of it since it is part of a series and I have so many books to read already. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul!! I loved The Girl with All the Gifts! That was my favorite book last year.

    ReplyDelete