Sunday, September 2, 2018

A Quick Booker T Update!


Hello guys.  I've kind of been absent this weekend and wanted to first and foremost tell everybody that Booker T's surgery went off without a hitch.  Our vet knows Mr. Barb has extreme anxiety dropping Booker off and leaving him so he arranged for us to bring him to the office at 10:30am and he had everything ready, plus a new method of anesthesia, and we left the office at about 11:45am.  Booker was tired and slept most of the day and evening but yesterday, he was doing great and today, you can't even tell he had surgery.  He didn't even need pain pills.  He takes Remadyl for 3 more days and gets his stitches out in two weeks.

Thank you guys so much for all your comments, prayers and well wishes.  Everyone here at The Farm really appreciates it.  I hope to catch up visiting blogs and replying to comments tomorrow.  For now, we're babying the pooches and trying to stay cool.

26 comments:

  1. Yay for surgeries going well! Hope he has a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela. Everyone's kind thoughts have meant the world to me.

      Delete
  3. Such great news. I rushed over here to see if there was an update! Give Booker T some extra pets from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so happy to hear it went well. Tell him to take it easy for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, glad everything went well. Booker T is such a trooper, what a tough boy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is such great news! I was really worried about the poor wee guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wohoo, that's wonderful news! (And he's such a happy boy in that picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, bless his heart. I'm so glad hes doing well. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Booker T sends sloppy puppy kisses your way (unless that grosses you out and if it does, he'll shake paws instead).

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear Booker's surgery went well! Hope he recovers well too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to hear that Mr. Booker T is doing so well. Is he leaving his stiches alone? That has been a problem with some of the dogs I have had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good! I was wondering how he was doing. What a sweet pup. It's amazing how fast they bounce back isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww....SO HAPPY that Booker went through his surgery with flying colors!!! YAAAAAY!!! I prayed for him that day. I'm SURE he's getting SPOILED ROTTEN now, right? LOL. He DEFINITELY deserves to be Doggie King of the Hill right now, Barb!! Sending him a horsy smooch!! <3 <3

    HUGS TO YOU, BOOKER, AND CASS, AND "WOOF, WOOF" TO THEM!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)


    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad this all went well. Happy am I.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete