Friday, August 31, 2018

Weekly Reads (08/31/18) - Be Glad When Friday Is Over!


So I'll really be glad when today is over.  My little boy is having his surgery today.  Mr. Barb is taking him while my Mom stays with Cass but I'll just be glad when he is home and resting.  He's such a big part of our family and I can't bear the thought of anything happening to him.

So on to positive notes. We've been watching preseason football and of course college starts this weekend so I majorly excited.  We watched two fairly good movies.  The first was "Hereditary."  I'm probably in the minority but I wasn't a huge fan.  I mean, it was entertaining and there was some shocking parts, but it wasn't what I was expecting.  It did give me serious "Rosemary's Baby" vibes though which may have just been me.  Anyone else seen it and agree?  

We also watched "Down a Dark Hall" and I actually enjoyed it more.  It kind of had a Gothic feel to it and the story kept me intrigued from start to finish.  I would definitely recommend it.  

I also managed to read a lot last week, finishing 4 more books before the month was out.  I managed to squeeze in "Neverwake World" and hope to get my review up next week.  It initially annoyed me but after a while, it picked up and I really enjoyed it.  I would be happy to finish these two this weekend, especially since I'm not that far into either.  


So what are you plans for this weekend and upcoming week???

26 comments:

  1. I haven't see Down a Dark Hall yet, but I really loved the book it's based on when I was a teen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was really good. I never read the book but I enjoyed watching it.

      Delete
  2. Ohh, fingers crossed for your boy - I hope everything goes well and I feel for you and how anxious you must be.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to the puppers! It's late Friday right and I'm guessing the surgery is probably over by now so I hope he's recovering well!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm replying late so I can say yes, he's doing quite well.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for being my partner this month for the Comment Challenge. I will be sticking around because I need updates on Booker T (also your horror recommendations). I hope his surgery went well and that he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved being your partner as well and plan on making your blog a regular stop. Thanks for hosting such a great challenge this summer. And Booker T says thanks!

      Delete
  5. Poor Booker T. Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan and he's home safe and recovering soon. *hugs*

    I love that cover for Burnt Offerings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. Wish I loved the book more :)

      Delete
  6. Hopefully by now the surgery is over and everyone is safely back home. I'm in Boston taking my daughter to college, it's very stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it was that time of year. Good luck to both of your kiddos and I hope they have great years!

      Delete
  7. It is hard when are fur babies are away from us and going through something scary. Prayers and good vibes your way for Booker T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. Thanks for the prayers and good vibes.

      Delete
  8. I hope all went well with the surgery!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that Booker T's surgery went well and he is home getting spoiled as he recovers. It is always so scary to have a pet undergo a medical procedure like that. Yay for mom stepping in to doggy sit Cass. We have been watching some pre-season football at our house too and also a lot of baseball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many things were put in place to make this a success. Stitches out in 2 weeks and hopefully we can put this behind us.

      Delete
  10. Oh, I hope Booker T's surgery went well and recovers quickly.
    Both of those movies look good. I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How is Booker T doing? I hope he is home and doing well. Half of what scared me watching Hereditary at the movies was the soundtrack. I have never had a soundtrack affect me that much before. A lot of sounds over your shoulder, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the soundtrack was very successful. And the pole... you know the scene. I looked at Mr. Barb and was like "Did that really happen???"

      Delete
  12. Giant Days looks fun- and good luck and happy vibes to Booker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about half through and to be honest, I should have just stuck with the graphic novel.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad I'm reading your posts blackguard because I already know the surgery went well :) I can only imagine how worried you were! YAY for football!
    Can I say it? should I dare? ok I'll dare! here it goes...
    GO PATS!
    *runs to hide*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll allow the Pats comment ONLY because you're one of my best blogging buddies!

      Delete