Tuesday, August 7, 2018

July 2018 Monthly Wrap Up



So with June being such a crap month (let's be honest) I had such high hopes for July.  While I didn't seem to live up to those lofty goals, I did manage to read 7 things this month and with one being Stephen King book, I am gonna take it as a win.  Gotta get cracking in August because Goodreads is just downright mocking me at this point.  So here's a quick look:

Sparrow Hill Road: Seanan McGuire 4/5
The Outsider: Stephen King 5/5
Lizzie: Dawn Ius 3/5
The Mermaid: Christina Henry 4/5
Smothered: Autumn Chiklis 4/5
The Girl in the Green Silk Gown: Seanan McGuire 5/5
'Twas the Knife Before Christmas: Jacqueline Frost 5/5

So in retrospect, three 5/5 books is pretty darn good and I had three 4/5 as well.  I'd say overall my favorite was "The Outsider" and I guess if you're going strictly by ratings, "Lizzie" was my last fave.  But at 3/3 it was still a good read.  

Gee, who knew doing this post would make me feel better.  What did you read this month???


19 comments:

  1. I think you had a great reading month! I think I've only had 1 5-star book this whole year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm too generous but my system works for me :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Kings books should count as two they're so long. LOL Sounds like you had a pretty good month:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and heck some King books should count as 3!

      Delete
  3. The good thing is that none of the books were rubbish, so that is always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to look back and realize you actually read more than you realized. And so many 5 star books, that's awesome😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think reading a few great books is better than reading a bunch of average ones. I hope you’re having a good August and getting lots of reading done.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far August has been good. I've already read 5 things and it's only the 8th.

      Delete
  6. I've been looking longingly at that mermaid book so good to see a 4/5 review.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You read SEVEN books in ONE month?! WOW!! I ADMIRE you!! I'm lucky if I can read THREE. Lol.

    I already have "Sparrow Hill Road" on my GR shelves. I like ghost stories, and this collection looks VERY interesting! I've just added "The Girl in the Green Silk Gown", too. Since I ADORE mermaid stories, I've added "The Mermaid", as well.

    I might add "Smothered". Not sure yet, as it hits too close to home...pun intended! :)

    No comment on the horror novels, of course! Lol.

    Thanks for sharing!! HUGS & "WOOF, WOOF"!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like them. The formatting of Sparrow Hill Road is different but once you get used to it, it flows pretty well.

      Delete
  8. Looks like a great reading month to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. Hope you are still recovering well!

      Delete
  9. Stephen King books always seem so lofty when they come to page count. Whenever you have a month with more than one five-star read, I count it as a huge success. Hope your August goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I know but it's sad, whenever I read a novella by him, I always claim that I want something longer!

      Delete
  10. 'Twas the Knife Before Christmas... I need this one! Just for that title!! :)

    ReplyDelete