Saturday, August 18, 2018

Weekly Reads (08/17/18)/Stacking the Shelves/Sunday Post - All in One Edition!


So it's kind of been  along week this week at The Farm. I had training Thursday which involved 3 hours on the road and thus, an 11 hour day basically.  Therefore since I'm tired, and since I don't have a huge haul this week, I decided to combine everything.

I did manage to get my refund back for the subscription box fiasco but it's bittersweet because the owner is basically picking and choosing and some good blogging friends have not been so lucky. I am still pressing on with my Better Business Bureau complaint in the hopes that it helps others and let's people know what a shady company it is.

We finished watching Season 1 of "Slasher" on Netflix and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  Also, anyone else watching "Castle Rock?"  If so, have you been able to figure out what the heck is going on yet?  There's only 4 episodes left this season and I feel as clueless as I did after watching the first one.  We also streamed a new movie called "Patient Zero."  It's a zombie movie and stars Natalie Dormer (whom I love) and John Bradley so it felt like a Game of Thrones reunion of sort. 


I'm in progress of reading "Your Robot Dog Will Die" and "The Mouth of the Dark" and I'll be honest, the Tim Waggoner book is all kinds of weird - creepy weird and WTF weird.  I would love to finish one if not both this weekend.


And I really only added 2 books to my shelves this week.  Both are review books - "Strange 66" and "Snowhook."


So do you have any awesome plans this week and what did you add to your shelves.  Also, I have a new instagram account.  Right now it's pretty much dog photos because of #DogDaysOfSummer" but there will be books eventually to.  If you want, check us out there.


Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you cans you cam include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

23 comments:

  1. I feel as if I am constantly fighting companies for shoddy service right now. I'm getting refunds on half the books I order from Amazon marketplace because the sellers insist on using Royal Mail who lose everything! I've been curious about Slasher and Patient Zero...might need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate to hear that about your books. Nothing worse than when books are lost. I started Season 2 of Slasher over the weekend. It's decent but I think when it's all said and done, I'll like the first better.

      Delete
  2. We just watched the first episode of Castle Rock and I was like... what?? Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to look for you on Instagram. What is your handle? There are some great dog people to follow on IG. Be sure to follow Wolfgang2242 He rescues senior dogs and also has a rabbit, chicken, and a pig. His posts are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boxermommyreads :) I will have to make sure to follow that recommendation as well.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to be reading the Tim Waggoner book as well, but I probably won't get to it til next month. I'm so glad you joined Instagram😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's REALLY odd. Wait until you meet the Pink Devil!

      Delete
  5. I must have missed your subscription box fiasco, but as a rule I tend to stay away from those services because of the potential problems. Well, hope the rest of your weekend is looking up with some good reads!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tried not to talk about it much on the blog. I didn't want it to become a place of negativity.

      Delete
  6. I’m glad you got a refund. Sorry you had to go through all that, though. Enjoy your new books! It looks like you got some good horror.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry t hear about the sub box fiasco! That would b frustrating. And yeah it seems like a lot of shows right now take forever to get to the point, or there's just so many ?'s and not enough answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear that when season 1 of Castle Rock is over, I'll still be left with a lot of questions.

      Delete
  8. That sucks about that subscription box. Both books you got sounds really cool!

    Have a great week and happy reading,
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mouth Of The Dark was weird and I really enjoyed it. LOL Glad to hear you got your refund. What a mess! with all the rain we've been having I've been stuck indoors and watched so many movies,and shows and read so many books it's all a blur. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you were able to get a refund. That NRB business is a complete fiasco. I'm planning to read the Tim Waggoner book the week after next. It sounds like it will be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally want nothing to do with them again. I am taking a break from the Waggoner book but will pick it up after I'm finished with a "fluff" read. My head couldn't handle much more than that this weekend.

      Delete
  11. Might have to check out Slasher now. Patient Zero looks interesting, but I also feel like I've seen it all before. Hard to find a fresh look at zombies. It's one reason I enjoyed Dread Nation so much. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to be fresh with zombie movies. Yes, that was one good thing about Dread Nation. I wish the sequel was already out.

      Delete
  12. I guess I missed the subscription box fiasco. I am glad you were able to get your money back but going through the trouble is a pain. Patient Zero looks good. I am working my way through GOT right now so I actually recognize the actors you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete