Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday (168)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



FROM GOODREADS: Based on the hit graphic-novel series from BOOM! Studios, the publisher behind Lumberjanes, Giant Days follows the hilarious and heartfelt misadventures of three university first-years: Daisy, the innocent home-schooled girl; Susan, the sardonic wit; and Esther, the vivacious drama queen. While the girls seem very different, they become fast friends during their first week of university. And it's a good thing they do, because in the giant adventure that is college, a friend who has your back is key--something Daisy discovers when she gets a little too involved in her extracurricular club, the Yogic Brethren of Zoise. When she starts acting strange and life around campus gets even stranger (missing students, secret handshakes, monogrammed robes everywhere . . .), Esther and Susan decide it's up to them to investigate the weirdness and save their friend.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  Even though I'm drastically behind, I love the "Giant Days" graphic novels.  I've also heard some good things about Non Pratt so I'm super excited about this novelization.  

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

34 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds awesome. At first I thought this was a graphic novel, since I've heard of the comics, but a novel version... hmm I need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the first two graphic novels I read and am excited to see how this is handled in novel form.

      Delete
  2. I can't say I've heard of this but that's no surprise when I don't read graphic novels I guess! I hope the novel version will live up to expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read them when I can grab them from the library. They're too expensive for my tastes and I have only purchased a few select ones.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like fun -- and a focus on female friendships to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me but I hope you love it when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about Non Pratt as well. This sounds like fun, you don't see a lot of stories out there that revolve around college😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Definitely an audience for them I think.

      Delete
  6. This sounds really interesting. I don't read too many graphic novels, but this sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I always like to find out about books I wouldn't usually see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these graphic novels too. Had no idea there was a novelization. I'll watch for it for sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it on Booktube. Then again, I see too many books I want to read on Booktube.

      Delete
  9. I've never read any graphic novels. Maybe I should start. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun read and it can't hurt giving one a try.

      Delete
  10. Ooh, this sounds awesome! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard so many great things about Non Pratt, and am excited to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds wonderful. I am going to check it out! 🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds cool! I'm actually more interested in reading this novelization than the actual graphic novels!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll like this version better, although the artwork is pretty cool.

      Delete
  14. You know, I don't read graphic novels much, but this one sounds like a LOT of fun!! I LOVE the plot! It brings back memories of my college days. Plus, the fact that there's WEIRDNESS in it automatically interests me! Yeah, I LOVE weird!! Lol. So thanks for featuring this one!! I'm adding it to my Goodreads shelves right away!!

    Hope you guys are all doing well!! Thanks for commenting on my own CWW post!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE PUPS, AND WOOF, WOOF TO THEM!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never did read Lumberjanes but heard all sorts of amazing things. this one sounds interesting! Never heard of a novelization of a graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a lot of fun - particularly if you read graphic novels. I generally don't, but I have been introduced to them by my granddaughter, who loves them... Thank you for sharing, Barb:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of these but i hope you can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't seen this one yet. So it's new to me. But, it does sound good. University's first year can be tough. I know. I will have to add this to my TBR list. Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete