Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday (170) - The Dog Days of Summer Edition


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



FROM GOODREADS: The hilarious and heartwarming memoir of Miranda and her life changing dog, the inimitable and most lovable Peggy. Hello dear book browser and welcome to Peggy and Me. The story of my life since getting a beautiful Shih-Tzu Bichon Frise cross puppy (I call the breed a Shitty Frise - fun) in the form of Peggy. Some of you may be thinking: "a book about a dog, how totally brilliant, I need hear no more, I'm sold." In which case we should be best friends and go out to tea together, every day. Others of you may be thinking: "a book about a dog, how totally mad, she must have officially lost it." In which case I completely understand. For I once viewed dog owners with much suspicion. The way they obsessively talk about their dogs often using voices for them to reply; the way they have a light covering of dog hair all over their clothes and sofas; and worse, an alarming comfort and ease around excrement. But I now get why people become so mad about their hounds. It wasn't instant love I have to admit. Getting a puppy when I was at a low ebb in my life wasn't easy - there was a lot of challenging, what I call, dog administration (dog-min), and the humiliating first trip to the vet still haunts me. It's been a bumpy old road, but Peggy has been lovingly by my side through some life changing moments and I wouldn't have coped without her. Most surprisingly she has taught me a huge amount - not how to get an old pie packet out of a bin and lick it (I could already do that), but real lessons about life and love and trust and friendship. Put aside any doggy reservations and come walkies with Peggy and me...

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  First of all this book sounds hilarious.  Secondly, I love books about dogs rescuing people.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

32 comments:

  1. I'm not a big memoir or autobiography person, but true stories about people and their relationships with their dogs always make my heart melt. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will. I actually like some memoirs. Maybe it's the voyeur in me and I like taking a glimpse into others lives.

      Delete
  2. I like that she is doing something different from just telling her own story. Doing it through her relationship with her dog is nice. Makes me wish I had a faithful hound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it sounds really cool and yes, you do need a faithful hound. Are you or your dad allergic? You seem like a perfect dog owner!

      Delete
  3. Woot - I love Miranda. Don't really need to say more. This book must be awesome because she's so funny.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it sad that I have no idea who she is and just wanted to read it for the description and the dog?

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it might be not only funny but kinda moving as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy humor from time to time so I'm hoping it's really funny.

      Delete
  5. Aaw, this sounds wonderful, and fun too. I enjoy books about dogs rescuing people too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book does sound funny! I like when there is humor in dog books that talk about rough times or rescue cause it can be intense. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. I might have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, humor can definitely break things up.

      Delete
  7. This does look fun, she's a funny lady, I expect this will be a hilarious - yet interesting - read!

    Here's my Wednesday post link - happy Hump Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm late on hopping this week so I'll have to go check out your post now.

      Delete
  8. Aww love the sound of this! And the author sounds really funny😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and hey, we can all use humor from time to time.

      Delete
  9. I love Miranda Hart! I hope you'll enjoy this one! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know who she is but I'm anxious to read this anyway.

      Delete
  10. This sounds great. I hope you'll enjoy it! Happy reading :)

    My CWW Pick 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this one does sound good and I loved her in Call the Midwife!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww.....how SWEET and ADORABLE this book sounds! Although I've never really had a pet, I can still relate to this author's feelings for her dog. (The closest I ever came to having a pet was Francis the cat, a stray my sister and I found and took care of, until his owner saw us playing with him one day, told us that he was her lost cat, and took him away without so much as a "thank you" to us. And she said his name was really "Mittens", because he had four white paws. How ORIGINAL. I still HATE her.)

    Anyway.....I sure hope you enjoy this book!! :) :)

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE BOYS, AND "WOOF, WOOF" TO THEM!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francis is a much better name than Mittens. How rude!

      Delete
  13. This does sound hysterical. I will have to get this one too. Great CWW this week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary and thanks for stopping by The Farm.

      Delete
  14. I love the sound of this one so much. It's so true though. You can't really understand the love people have for their dogs until you have one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, then you can become a "crazy dog person."

      Delete
  15. rescue dogs are awesome! Hope it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need more hilarious books in my life! Hope it is as good as it sounds Barb!

    ReplyDelete