Thursday, August 23, 2018

My Magical Mutt Tag


This tag was created by La La @ La La in the Library for the Dog Days of Summer Challenge hosted by her and Jo @ Jo's Book Blog.

1.  WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE MAGICAL OR FANTASY GENRE DOG? IT CAN BE FROM A MOVIE, TV SHOW OR BOOK. WHY?

I have to say Dug from "UP."  I love that pup so much and who can resist this face?

2.  WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A CANINE FAMILIAR, OR BE ABLE TO SHAPE-SHIFT INTO A DOG?  WHY? 

I would much rather have a canine familiar.  To me, it only makes sense as dogs are definitely my favorite pet and that way I'd always have one around.  I've also always thought shape-shifting would be painful too.

3.  IF YOU HAD A DOG FAMILIAR, DAEMON, OR WERE AN ANIMAGUS AND CHANGED INTO DOG FORM, WHAT COMBINATION OF BREEDS WOULD YOU BE? IT HAS TO BE A MIX BECAUSE THE TAG SAYS MAGICAL MUTT, HAHA!  WHY WOULD YOU CHOSE THEM?

I would be a mix of a wolf, German shepherd and boxer.  Wolves are so furry and just plain magical and they would get along great in cold weather so I'd never be cold.  Germies are smart and noble.  Boxers never grow up so I'd always be energetic and exuberant.  

4.  WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FAMILIAR, DAEMON OR YOUR DOG FORMS NAME BE?

Misha.  I've loved that name ever since I feel in love with Misha on The Walking Dead.  "Look at the flowers Lizzie!"

5.  IF YOU HAD A MAGICAL DOG WHAT THREE POWERS WOULD BE IMPORTANT TO YOU?  FOR EXAMPLE SPEECH, INVISIBILITY, FINDING LOST OBJECTS, LEVITATION, CHANGING INTO ANOTHER ANIMAL? WHY?

First of all, I would want my magical dog to have infinite life.  It's not fair that humans live so much longer than our furry best friends.  Secondly I would want him to be able to talk.  Finally, I would want them to have the gift of teleportation.  That way they could pop in from home and visit me at work, but pop back out when my boss shows up.

6.  IF YOUR MAGICAL DOG COULD TALK, WHAT ACCENT WOULD HE HAVE?

I can go one further - if my magical mutt could talk, he would sound like Idris Elba.


7.  IF YOUR FANTASY DOG HAD ONE ODD MAGICAL HABIT (i.e. MAKING THE WATER DISAPPEAR FROM THE TUB AT BATH TIME) OR WORE SOME STRANGE TALISMAN ON ITS COLLAR (i.e. A VIAL OF WOLF BLOOD TO MAKE IT RUN FASTER) WHAT WOULD IT BE?

My magical mutt would have the Prince symbol on its collar which would make him irresistible to all the ladies.  


8.  IF YOU WERE GOING TO WRITE A FANTASY NOVEL WITH A CANINE MAIN CHARACTER WHAT WOULD THE PREMISE BE AND WHAT TITLE WOULD YOU HAVE IN MIND?

"Hairy Pawter and the Delicious Bone"

The main character, Hairy Pawter and his friend Ruff and Grrr-moine would attend a magical dog school where they would learn to sniff out evil animal-hating people and then zap them with laser vision and make them disappear.  

I hope you guys had as much fun reading this tag as I did completing it!

22 comments:

  1. Ha, I love this tag and will have to do it! i haven't watched Up but that dog in it is gorgeous! Having the voice of Idris Elba is a good choice! You need to get permission fro JK Rowling for Hairy Pawter! Kids around the world would go mad for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is adorable! And yes, Idris Elba is DEFINITELY a good choice! I could listen to him read the phone book and be happy :) I like the mix of Wolf, German Shepard and wolf -- you're right, a wolf would never be cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to do this one. Now to squeeze it into my hectic schedule. LOL I had fun reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do. Can't wait to hear your answers!

      Delete
  4. Ok you need to write that story, Barb! Lol so funny😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know someday in the far future, people are bound to be doing Harry Potter retellings. It's inevitable.

      Delete
  5. Fun, fun, fun. I would love my dog to be able to talk to me too.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would too but I'd be half afraid of what it would say.

      Delete
  6. I think I might be in love with Idris Elba, and my husband is completely okay with that! Lol!

    I was stopping by because I stumbled across a book you might like! It's called In the Dog House by V.M. Burns.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37703508-in-the-dog-house?from_search=true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good your husband is okay with it. Did you see The Mountain Between Us? I loved it! I have an arc of that book and hope to read it soon. Thanks for keeping me in mind when you see dog books :)

      Delete
  7. Love your answers! I am hoping to do this tag next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with Idris! Heh heh. I hope if your familiar has the appeal of Prince that he's neutered. Ha! I want the Artist Formerly Know As symbol as a tag for my next dog. What a great idea, and on a purple collar. 🐶

    The teleportation is a good idea. I was thinking after I read Annemieke's tag that invisibility would help me because the dog could disappear every time the landlord knocked. The teleportation would work for that, too! 🐕

    Thanks for doing the tag. I loved your answers. I'll get you linked on mine. 🐩✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point - there could be puppies everywhere. That's a great idea - a purple color. I STILL miss Prince so much. The obsession with collecting Prince stuff might be bordering on out of hand. I just found FUNKO pops last night. I might have preordered them.

      Delete
    2. I miss Prince, too. I wish more people knew what a fabulous guitar player he was. Most people seem to know his singing only. 💜

      Delete
    3. I agree. I heard about an interview Eric Clapton did once where he was asked how it felt to be the greatest guitar player and he commented " I don't know, ask Prince." Did you see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps?" It's still one of my favorites.

      Delete
  9. I love Dug! I completely agree that if I could make the lifespan of a dog longer I would do it. I like the idea of popping in and out of my work as well. That would make the day more interesting. I am not sure about the talking though. It could be good but I think that one of my dogs would just tell me to play ball with her all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea...if Cass could talk it would be "Mom....Mom...Mom" all day!

      Delete
  10. This was fun and made me chuckle especially that last question. Is it a bad thing that I can't picture who Idris Elba even with that picture...lol. Can't think of a thing he is in which might mean I haven't watched anything he is in. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been rumors he is the next James Bond, but I think he squashed them last week.

      Delete