Friday, August 17, 2018

Peanuts - Where Beagles Dare!

TITLE: Peanuts - Where Beagles Dare!
AUTHOR: Charles Schultz, James Cooper, Vicki Scott
PUBLISHER:  Boom-Kaboom!
PUBLISHING DATE: September 23, 2015

FROM GOODREADS: What's to Love: Remember those seasonal Peanuts animated specials that'd air during the holidays? If you're like us, you enjoyed those long-form stories, and you know what? We get the same satisfaction from our Peanuts original graphic novels, which also feature full-length stories. We've got a brand-new one in Peanuts: Where Beagles Dare!, and it comes out just in time for The Peanuts Movie! What It Is: Snoopy, the World War I Flying Ace, is on holiday in France but his leave is cut short when he's recruited for a top-secret mission. Snoopy must dodge his way through no-man's land, go deep behind enemy territory, and battle the Red Baron in the blackened skies above. Will Snoopy ever return home to quaff a few Root Beers with Woodstock and have dinner with Charlie Brown? Find out in this original graphic novel featuring Charles M. Schulz's beloved Peanuts characters and starring Snoopy!

MY THOUGHTS:  So this is another title I grabbed for my #DogDaysOfSummer challenge because even though I'm reading some longer length novels, I think it's also the perfect time for some fun.  And what says fun more than Snoopy?  In "Where Beagles Dare,"  Charlie has ordered Snoopy out of the house for the whole day because he is busy with something. So Snoopy is forced to rely on his imagination and take on the role of Flying Ace out searching for the Red Baron.  This is a fun graphic novel and not only do we get to see Snoopy in Action, but we also get to visit with some of his relatives - Spike, Olaf, Andy, Marbles and Belle.

This book is a must have for any Snoopy fans or collectors and I'm pretty sure anyone who loves Peanuts enough to pick it up will love this one too!

MY RATING: 4 PAWS

18 comments:

  1. we are HUGE Snoopy fans at home so I know my kids would love this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely. Snoopy never goes out of style!

      Delete
  2. I loved Snoopy! That is part of the reason that I so badly wanted a beagle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Snoopy!! He's my favorite Peanuts character. I gotta get me this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Snoopy? I think you have to at least sneak in a few light reads during the summer. I love being able to mix it up a bit when it comes to my reading, not just with genres, but with different mediums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, summer is definitely perfect for that.

      Delete
  5. The only thing better than Snoopy is Snoopy with all of his relatives :) Sounds like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I love Spike and didn't even know about some of the others until I read this book.

      Delete
  6. Hey now you're talking my language- Peanuts! I love Peanuts. I always enjoyed Flying Ace Snoopy too so this one looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cuteness! I didn't even know there were graphic novels from the Peanuts like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoopla has several more I want to grab too!

      Delete
  8. Snoopy is the best. I would read the comic in the newspaper everyday and on Sundays! I am not sure my kids even know that was a thing! Glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Some kids don't even remember newspapers.

      Delete