Saturday, August 11, 2018

Stacking the Shelves (173) / Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you cans you cam include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

So today I have two review copies to show you and then a few books I grabbed for my Kindle.  It was kind of a frustrating week with one of my subscription boxes as the company in chaos and I'm trying to get some money recouped.  So some book therapy was in order.  First up, the review books.

"The Winter's Child" is a mystery thriller set around the holidays and is described as "a ghostly winter mystery with Gothic flavor."  "The Bad Neighbor" is a gritty crime thriller.




So like I said, I grabbed a few book munchies for Paul Anka from Amazon.  I've heard some good things about "The Dreadful Objects."  I love Diane Moat's Sam Holden series so since book three, "Dog Bones," came out recently, I had to grab it.  Cameron Chaney is a big horror booktuber and I've been wanting to try his novella out - "There Are Monsters Here."  


So what did you add to your shelves this week???

30 comments:

  1. Book Therapy is totally required when you get annoyed with real life! It's a rule! I hope you have a good reading week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooo The Winter's Child sounds really good. I have thought about joining a subscription box but haven't decided on which one yet. I added more dog books to my TBR of course.

      Delete
    2. Yep, it's the best kind of therapy out there!

      Delete
  2. The Winter's Child sounds good and I love the cover. I've heard a bunch of grumbling about a particular subscription box and I'll bet youre talking about the same one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I am. It's turned into such a nightmare. I think I'll just buy books straight out now.

      Delete
  3. I am curious about The Winters Child so I must go look that one up! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks and sounds great. Might be great for a winter buddy read :)

      Delete
  4. I wish I was more into picking up holiday themed books. I only ever really cater my TBR when Halloween comes around. Eyeing Therr Are Monsters Here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween is my favorite time for reading, but I know whay you mean, I really don't need an excuse to read horror. I try to read a few holiday themed books this year - either with dogs or holiday horror. I hope to read Krampus this year :)

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of book boxes, but I just can't spend the money and I feel like most of the books that are in there are either ones I already have arcs of or ones that I wouldn't ever buy for myself (I do buy finished copies of the arcs I enjoyed). Sorry you were struggling with the company.
    I'm loving the cover for Dreadful Objects. I've been loving spooky lately. Happy reading!

    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I've given up on them now too.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see what you think of There Are Monsters Here! I follow Cameron on Youtube and snagged his book, but I haven't had the time to start it yet. I HAVE to bump it higher on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to it in September. He has an awesome book collection doesn't he?

      Delete
  7. The Winter's child and Dreadful Objects both look nice and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. You know me, the spookier the better.

      Delete
  8. Hi Barb! Having a good reading week!

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bad Neighbor is a crime thriller? Thought it might have been horror - that cover is so creepy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the cover but I kind of thought it was horror too at first.

      Delete
  10. The Winter’s Child sounds awesome, and I love the cover. Sorry about the subscription box chaos. I hope it gets sorted out quickly. Have a great week. Enjoy your new books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. At this point, I just want my money back.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, I'm really liking those last three books. Must check them out! I hope you get things straightened out about the subscription boxes. And buying books is good therapy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you need them :) And bonus, I grabbed them all for less than $10.00.

      Delete
  12. I'm looking forward to reading The Bad Neighbor. I don't get to read enough crime thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear your subscription issues hope they are sorted soon but cheers to getting some good book therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Book Therapy is always a huge help for me. I hope it's the same for you :) The Winter's Child looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover on The Bad Neighbor is ominous...thanks for sharing, and enjoy your reading. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful covers this haul, none of them gave me the creeps this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great book haul. I thought books were made for therapy!! =) Have a wonderful week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete