Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Action Lab Vol. 1 - Dogs Days of Summer Review

TITLE: Action Lab Vol. 1
AUTHORS: Vito Delsante, Scott Fogg, Rosy Higgins & Ted Brandt
PUBLISHER: Action Lab
PUBLISHING DATE: September 7, 2016

FROM GOODREADS:  For five years, readers have looked at the Action Lab Entertainment logo and wondered, -Who IS that dog with the jet pack?- Wonder no more! The story you never thought would be told is now an ongoing monthly title as ACTION LAB, DOG OF WONDER, comes to comic book shelves everywhere! With art by the PRINCELESS: RAVEN, THE PIRATE PRINCESS team of Rosy Higgins and Ted Brandt and a story by STRAY co-creator Vito Delsante and newcomer Scott Fogg, this is the title for young and old alike!

MY THOUGHTS:  I was looking for some cute quick dog reads on Hoopla and discovered this graphic novel.  I couldn't resist and before you knew it, I had devoured Volume 1 of Action Lab.  This book contains the first three issues of the comic which introduces us to our characters as well as explains why Action Lab is one of the best heroes out there.  

This story is set in Canaan City and Action Lab runs a dog rescue helping fellow canines scheduled for euthanasia at the local pound.  Along the way, he send positive messages about dog adoption, caring for pets and pet overpopulation.  He even talks about certain breeds which are misunderstood.  Each issue within the graphic novel features a question and answer section about dogs which would be a perfect way for parents to introduce young ones on the many facets of dog responsibility.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to locate any future issues of Action Lab but if I do, you can bet I'll be reading them.




MY RATING: 5 Paws (for cuteness as well as the message it delivers!)



Make sure you check out all of La La's and Jo's Dog Days of Summer posts and activities!


8 comments:

  1. I like that it is mixing entertainment with pet responsibility. Cute dogs as well of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and I love the pics.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so adorable. I wonder if our dogs would ever be the kind who would imagine themselves as action heroes. I like the message in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my crazy pups would be. They already think they're superheroes I'm sure.

      Delete
  4. I should probably take a look at the graphic novels available on Hoopla. That would be a fantastic way to give them a try. Glad this one worked so well for you.

    ReplyDelete