Friday, August 3, 2018

Weekly Reads (08/03/18) - Can't Believe It's August!


I really can't believe another month is in the books.  In a way I'm glad it's August because that means college football will be starting soon.  As the pups aren't in school, at least I don't have the prep that some of you do.

The Farm is doing well this week.  Booker T remains on the mend and Cass is as lively as ever.  They are enjoying all the doggy related activities for the blogs "Dog Days of Summer" participation.  Gpa is getting stronger every day and his home health providers have cut down  their visits.  


Not many new movies to watch this week but we did watch the newest "Castle Rock" episode.  I'm enjoying it thus far.  I've also been addicted to "World of Dance" which is another guilty pleasure.  I like watching people do things I will never be able to do :)  We watched a movie called "Occupation" which was a total dud and then watched "Extinction," the new Netflix movie, which I would highly recommend.  "Mr.Mercedes" starts back up in 3 weeks and I can hardly wait.


I did get some books finished this week.  Finished up "The Girl in the Green Silk Gown" and read my first DDOS read - Atomic Frenchie.  Also finished up a novel an author sent me - "Manifest Recall."  Just need to get hopping on my reviews.  Here's what I hope to read/get started this weekend.  Quite a variety huh?  I hope to alternate horror/thrillers with dog books.  A great month if you ask me!


So did you watch anything good this week?  I'm looking for weekend recommendations.  



24 comments:

  1. I am curious about The Disappearing! Cover looks cool! Yay for Rattus New Yorkus! It's so creepy with all those rats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, rats are not my favorite - especially in masses like this book!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. I watched Extinction with my son. We both enjoyed it I loved the twist! Have a wonderful weekend ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen World of Dance a couple of times, but I keep forgetting what day it's on. Oops. I used to be a die hard So You Think You Can Dance watcher, not sure what happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just catch it on Hulu. I can't keep up with it any other way.

      Delete
  4. oh yes I'm already in back to school mode :(
    Glad to hear that both the farm and Gpa are doing well!
    Someone told me about "Extinction," being good and since you recommend it I'll watch it! Glad to hear July was a good month! Sooooo you need recommendations.. let's seeeee.... hubby is watching Stranger Things on Netflix and loving it have you watched it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we watched Season 2 the weekend it was released. Can't believe we have to wait so long for Season 3. I started watching Slasher... not bad.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear that things have settled a bit for you and I hope things stay that way. Glad to hear that Grandpa and Booker T are both better. Hopefully you'll have a good reading month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you! Looking forward to hearing about all those new authors.

      Delete
  6. I wasn't convinced I liked Castle Rock until episode 3 and I completely forgot to watch the newest one! Putting that on my weekend to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of a slow mover. I bet that's why they released the first 3 episodes at once.

      Delete
  7. I'm delighted to hear that everything is sorting itself out and very much hope that August is a kinder month! The Hunter Shea book gave me the shivers, but I have an abiding fear of rodents! Have a great weekend, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, there's only a month left before my kid goes back to school and I'm already feeling stressed about all the stuff I'll need to do to get her (and myself) ready. I gotta get in all the reading I can!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how parents of multiple kids handle it all.

      Delete
  9. I've been eyeing Extinction. I might check that one out soon. Sometimes you feel like binge watching a show and other times, you just want to wind down with a movie. I hope you enjoy your August! Just a little heads up, I'm going to be take a blogging hiatus next week. I won't be responding to comments on my blog until I come back, but I will still be visiting you while I taking a break 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy to hear that Grandpa is doing better. I like to alternate genres in my reading as well. I think that keeps everything feeling a bit more interesting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never read just one genre all the time. I like variety!

      Delete
  11. I can't believe I still haven't started Castle Rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting better and better. Lots of Easter Eggs in it.

      Delete
  12. I'm glad Booker T is feeling better! 🐾

    I love the cover of Drinking from the Trough. 💜✨

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, it's August, and HOT as HADES!! Lol. It's usually in the 90s down here. I guess I should be grateful we're not in Phoenix, Arizona. It gets into the 100s there! UGH.

    SO glad your Gramps and Booker T. are getting better and better!! YAAAAAY!!! <3 <3

    We haven't gone to the movies in a while, and we don't have Netflix. So I haven't heard of these movies you've mentioned, or the TV show, either. :(

    The other day, we did watch "Stepbrothers" on cable. In case you haven't heard of it, Will Ferrell is in it. It was funny, but only to a point. Mostly, it was pretty silly.

    I like the cover of "Drinking from the Trough", because there's a horse on it!! Lol.

    Thanks for sharing!! HUGS TO YOU AND THE PUPS, AND "WOOF, WOOF" TO THEM!! <3 <3 <3 :) ) :)

    ReplyDelete