Tuesday, August 7, 2018

TTT - Books I'd Mash Together (nope, not quite)

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish they  handed over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. 

This week's topic is books we would mash together to make an epic story... or something.  I'll be honest, just the thoughts of it alone made my head hurt.  So I'm doing a topic that's kind of related....

BOOKS THAT CLEARLY NEEDED A DOG IN THEM!



I loved this book but seriously, if you were going to colonize another planet, wouldn't you take a dog or two?  Heck, I'd actually take more dogs than humans.

I really enjoyed this one and am looking forward to the sequel, but I think the MC needs a dog to spice her household up instead of just kids.

Clearly the MC Mila had some people in her life who were untrustworthy.  She wouldn't have had that problem with a dog.  And what zombie girl gang wouldn't be more interesting with a zombie dog?

I predict a whole different life outcome for Hook if he had been on an island of lost dogs instead of an island of lost boys.

The Lumberjanes books have so much going for them...except no dogs!

So okay, in retrospect this was harder than I thought as well.  When I read cozies, they usually already have dogs (thus the reason I  read them).  The same kind of goes with Women's fiction and romance.  Horror, my other favorite genre, is a no-no for dogs.  If they are present, they usually don't have a happy ending.

So you're only gonna get 5!




26 comments:

  1. I like when the MCs have a faithful hound in it but I do worry about their safety! Nicholas Sansbury Smith's Extinction cycle has a great dog called Apollo that you would love. He's so brave and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out. I'm like you, I want dogs but they better be safe.

      Delete
  2. Barb. EVERY book ever deserves to have a dog in it. (But especially these. And I agree, a zombie dog for Undead Girl Gang is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes yes! More dogs in more books!!!! I didn't do the TTT at all because it required too much thinking lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stories with dogs too, but only if the dogs is safe. I can't stand it when the dog dies! I avoid those stories. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made this theme your own. And also, why don't the Lost Boys already have a couple dogs? Doesn't that sound like something a group of boys should just have?

    Have a wonderful week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A zombie dog at Mila's side? Yes! I love when dogs are pets in books. Makes me feel closer to the characters. I haven't read the Lumberjanes, but it's on my TBR. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super cute. I'm behind but I know Hoopla has them.

      Delete
  7. Lumberjanes would be awesome with a dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, yes, dogs make everything better!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right? I never have answers for those Qs about mashing books together or taking a character from one and putting them in another or something. I don't even ship characters from separate stories! Books are separate! A zombie girl gang would definitely be better w/ a zombie dog ;-) Haha, an island of lost dogs. Someone should write *that* retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, I'm never going to be able to read Lumberjanes without imagining a dog now! You're so right, that would have pushed them from great up to flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessssss I love this!! MORE DOGS IN THINGS!!! The idea of a zombie dog in Undead Girl Gang is amazing! That would have been awesome. Also that comment about Hook being on an island of lost dogs was great ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for visiting The Farm Loretta!

      Delete
  12. I like your take on the theme and I'm going to suggest that Sherlock Holmes should have had a dog, I'm going to say a bloodhound or a beagle would have suited him perfectly.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I forget that - yes, he did and a bloodhound or beagle would have been the best!

      Delete
  13. An island of lost dogs? You may be on to something...

    ReplyDelete