Friday, August 24, 2018

Weekly Reads (08/24/18)


So August is winding down and I could swear I smell Fall in the air.  Bring on pumpkin everything!  We've been trucking along at The Farm this week and for the most part, the week went well.  Booker T is still on his meds and doing fine.  His surgery is scheduled for 8/31 as it took some planning.  Mr. Barb is taking him (and staying on the premises throughout the surgery because that's how we roll), I have to work so I'll be at the office, and my Mom is coming up to sit with Cass because we discovered Monday, he freaks when T leaves and doesn't return.  We have a 3-day holiday weekend and then I took off 9/4 so he would have a extra day with a parent home while he is recovering.  Whew, talk about coordination!

We did end up watching some crazy movie Tuesday night, "What Still Remains."  The most exciting parts must have been used in the trailer because slow doesn't begin to describe it. We also watched some weird older movie called "Larvae" which was not good but which was loud and actually Booker T managed to sleep through the town Homecoming celebration fireworks so it overall it was worth it's weight in gold.   We will probably be watching "Deadpool 2" and football this weekend.  On a good note, "Mr. Mercedes Season 2" started this week and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started watching it again.  

I have been reading and I think stress finally caught up because I've started 5 books.  Now I'm over half done with at least 2 of them.  So I'm showing all 5 and I guess the odds are good that I'll finish something this weekend!


And oh, I almost forgot!  Look what I stumbled across this week.  Someone might have even took a leap and pre-ordered them on impulse.  Just saying.


So I hope you all have a great weekend and to everyone that's provided encouragement and support this week for me, Mr. Barb and the boys, bless you!

20 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes well! I haven't read Dog Man, but I did purchase it for my nephew last year and he seemed to enjoy it. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it would be a fun book to wrap up Dog Days of Summer - plus I was able to grab it one Overdrive. Hope you have a great one too!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to know what you think of Neverworld Wake. It's on my TBR list and I'm wondering whether to move it up to the top, or leave it near the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about 150 pages in now and I'm enjoying it although in the beginning, it was a rocky start.

      Delete
  3. All the very best for the surgery - I hope it goes well, Barb:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my daughter loves the Dog Man books. They're so much fun!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the first one Sunday and it was fun. Glad my library has the rest.

      Delete
  5. Hoping all goes well with the surgery and Booker T is back to his old self really soon. Make sure he is well spoiled and give Cass a sympathetic hug too! Those Prince things are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just feel relieved when the surgery is over and he's on his way to recovery!

      Delete
  6. Doggie hugs to Booker T and I hope his surgery goes smoothly and he recovers quickly. Better give a hug to Cass too! Look at Prince! So cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give them both hugs! I know. I'm so happy they made Prince funkos.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the surgery, I hope it all goes smoothly. I love the Prince figures, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm actually surprised they made them so soon.

      Delete
  8. Can't wait for you to finish The Mouth of the Dark! :) I am curious about Nevermore Wake so hope you like it.

    You and your Prince...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure that Booker T's surgery will go well. It is scary so I do understand. I remember taking Hershey for surgery on her foot and I think I bothered the vet so much they let me pick her up while she was still out of it. She did great getting out to the car but once we were home she was too high on drugs to get out of the car and get in the house. She weighed 70 pounds and I was the only adult around. That was fun! Spoil both of those puppies - they deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love big dogs but when they are sick or need help like that, it is rather difficult. I have a great vet though but yes, Mr. Barb will be waiting in the waiting room all afternoon.

      Delete
  10. Sending well wishes for Booker T. 🐾💜

    Have you read any other Dog Man books? I have seen them around. 🐶✨

    A big thumbs up for the Prince Funko Pop pre-order. 👍✨

    Have a wonderful week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. They are cute but I think I'll have to space them out because one Dog Man for a while is enough. I can see the kid appeal as well.

      Delete