Friday, August 10, 2018

Weekly Reads (08/10/18)


So it's kind of been a "meh" week at The Farm.  I started getting ill Wednesday night but have been plugging through and working and I can't wait until Friday even so I can crash.  It started out as a super dizzy feeling (for about 12 hours) but then the sinus part kicked in which I suspected.  I did manage to go to the pharmacy and sign my life away to get some meds yesterday (because you know, I'm not a drug dealer but still have to be ID'ed and treated like one to buy a decongestant) and I think I'm feeling a tad better.  

We watched "Breaking In" this past week and it was an entertaining action -packed film.  However, Billy Burke will always be Bella's Dad no matter what he stars in.  Preseason football has started and although I love college more than pro, I'm glad it's back.  It means more reading time while we watch our favorite teams.  We watched some of the Pro Football Hall of Fame inductions Saturday  - had to see my favorite player get inducted (Randy Moss).  It's nice to see someone from my college, which is highly under recognized in my state, make it so big.

So I'm reading lots of good books and having so much fun with the Dog Days of Summer Readathon.  I'm still working my way through "Drinking from the Trough" but it's a collection of stories so it's easy t pick up and put down and read something in between.  I also started Hunter Shea's "Creature" and I'll be pleased to finish both this weekend.  All I can say is "Buttons, don't go into the woods!"  When I finish those, I plan on picking up "Your Robot Dog Will Die" and "Bad."



The pups are doing great and hope everyone is having fun getting to know them a little more this month.  What are your weekend plans?

20 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Hopefully you'll have time to recuperate over the weekend. At least you're enjoying the books you've been reading! That's always a bonus.

    -- Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darn on feeling poorly. It's crazy you have to show ID for decongestant. smh Hope you're able to get a lot of good rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The always make me feel like I've done something wrong!

      Delete
  3. I've had to show ID to buy my kids' cough syrup, lol. I hope you feel better soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon! Sinus issues are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just fitting in some reading around my tv watching over the weekend and then with the European Championships over, I can go back to reading! Ugh, I hope you are feeling better soon Barb as that sounds nasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you enjoyed your tv watching!

      Delete
  6. Ugh, I hope you feel better. Getting sick in summer is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I am not is a football fan, or any sport..lol. Hope your feeling better! Can't wait to try out Creature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better! Being sick during the summer months really is the worst. I do lots of blogging during football games in the fall. Nice background noise. Hope your weekend is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love football - especially college, but I can't just sit and watch game after game straight though.

      Delete
  9. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same problem with Billy Burke. LOL.

    ReplyDelete