Saturday, March 30, 2024

A Long Overdue Farm News 03-30-24

 


It's been a while since I've had a general update and I basically have no excuse other than March has been a bit nuts.  Mr. Barb has had some health issues which we've had to get to the bottom of (nothing major thank goodness), my stupid uncle (for anyone that remembers that saga) sued my mom, plus March is the year anniversary of when we lost Cass and it's bringing back all kinds of memories about what we went through this time last year.  However, Apollo and Zeke are fine, Zeke is growing like a weed, and we now have more warmer days than cold (although they still exist) so I'll take all that as a win.

We've not had much luck with watching a lot of movies but I am hoping to make time for "Imaginary" this weekend.  We watched on called "Prey" which stars Ryan Phillip which was pretty good and I would highly recommend and a stupid horror film called "Night Shift" which does NOT involved vampires and which I do not recommend.  I am thoroughly enjoying "The Ones Who Live" on AMC though (aka - Walking Dead Rick and Michonne spin-off) but the last episode of the season airs this Sunday.

I have managed to do quite a bit of reading and am not TOO far behind on reviews.  I'm trying to figure out my April reading plans and honestly don't know where to start so that sounds like an April problem right now.  This weekend I hope to finish up at last one of my current reads.  I am about 45% into A Grave Robbery and I'm a tad disappointed I am not liking it more as it is one of my favorite series.  I also want to get a jump on Bless Your Heart which releases in April.


I have also acquired some really good books lately and am excited for all of them.



The Midnight Club: Margot Harrison
The Body Next Door: Maia Chance
The Hitchcock Hotel: Stephanie Wrobel
Nightmare of a Trip: Maureen Kilmer

I hope everyone that celebrates is having a great Easter weekend and as always, thanks for visiting Booker T's Farm!





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. I am working on my emails offering me books from April to August today. I have about 5 books I want for May and no slots left. Sigh. On April 1 I'm starting to read How the WTZ Got Her Groove Back so I'd recommend that while you're deciding! :)

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're glad March is over, lol. I hope April is a little less hectic. I just requested The Midnight Club, since I really enjoyed one of her previous books. And I was also offered a copy of The Hitchcock Hotel which I jumped on of course. I'll be reading Bless Your Heart in April as well, so we can compare notes. Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you figured out the health issues for your husband. That sucks about your uncle though. Family can be crazy! It's good to have Apollo and Zeke when the memories come up I'm sure. Imaginary is one I hope to see too! Hope you like it. I need to check out some of your reviews! Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope April is awesome!

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Mr. Barb feels better and April is less stressful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope April is a better month for you. I stopped watching The Walking Dead a few seasons ago, but I did see a few clips of The Ones Who Live and it looks like it was a great mini series. I'll have to binge it at some point. I saw on my blog that you are a GH fan, too. That's what made me read Hollywood Hustle in the first place. I've watched GH forever. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete