Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Feed Your TBR - Toto

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


November 12, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: I was mostly a Good Dog until they sold me out to animal control, okay?

But if it’s a choice between Oz, with its creepy little singing dudes, and being behind bars in gray old Kansas, I’ll choose the place where animals talk and run the show for now, thanks.

It’s not my fault that the kid is stuck here too, or that she stumbled into a tug-of-war over a pair of slippers that don’t even taste good. Now one witch in good eyeliner calls her pretty and we’re off on a quest? Teenagers.

I try to tell her she’s falling in with the wrong crowd when she befriends a freaking hedge wizard made of straw, that blue jay with revolutionary aspirations, and the walking tin can. Still, I’m not one to judge when there’s the small matter of a coup in the Forest Kingdom....

Look, something really stinks in Oz, and this Wizard guy and the witches positively reek of it. As usual, it’s going to be up to a sensible little dog to do a big dog’s job and get to the bottom of it.

And trust me: Little dogs can get away with anything.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  Anyone who knows me knows this sounds perfect for me!  In fact, I have already preordered a copy!

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a perfect read for you Barb! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! This looks like a great book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this one!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited about this one too, Barb. This sounds like such a unique re-telling. I hope you enjoy Toto when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This sounds fantastic! I love a good reimagining. I'm adding this to my wishlist ASAP. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of this too. I mean, Wizard of Oz from Toto's point of view? It's got to be good:-)

    ReplyDelete