Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Feed Your TBR - Long Live Evil (Time of Iron #1)

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



July 30, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: When her whole life collapsed, Rae still had books. Dying, she seizes a second chance at living: a magical bargain that lets her enter the world of her favorite fantasy series.

She wakes in a castle on the edge of a hellish chasm, in a kingdom on the brink of war. Home to dangerous monsters, scheming courtiers and her favorite fictional character: the Once and Forever Emperor. He’s impossibly alluring, as only fiction can be. And in this fantasy world, she discovers she's not the heroine, but the villainess in the Emperor's tale.

So be it. The wicked are better dressed, with better one-liners, even if they're doomed to bad ends. She assembles the wildly disparate villains of the story under her evil leadership, plotting to change their fate. But as the body count rises and the Emperor's fury increases, it seems Rae and her allies may not survive to see the final page.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I love a good villain and the idea of entering a new world through a book intrigues the book lover in me. 

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK????

8 comments:

  1. Ooo - what a fascinating premise!! I can imagine all sorts of affectionate jabs at fantasy tales in general, amongst the mayhem. I hope this one is as much fun as it sounds, Barb:)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to read this too. I don't think I've ever read anything by Sarah Rees Brennan, but I love books about books so I might give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dream (or nightmare, depending on the situation) to enter your favorite series! Sounds like a fun read! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not quite what she expecter, but she makes the best of it, eh? Sounds like a good read. Hope you enjoy it! Adding it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find such interesting books. This looks excellent. I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Villain stories are such fun and this one sounds good. I hope you enjoy Long Live Evil when you read it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great premise! Thank you for sharing! I'm adding it to my wishlist right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely sounds like a fun premise. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete