Tuesday, May 3, 2016

April 2016 Wrap-Up

So April was a crazy month.  A week of work conferences, Prince dying which meant a whole weekend pretty much vegging and watching his stuff on TV and movies, and an actual pain in my neck which has lasted for almost a week and won't go away.  So while I kicked butt in March, April was not as productive.  Still, I managed to read 8 things (2 graphic novels and 6 novels) so I guess I won't complain too much.  On to the challenge updates!

GOODREADS: 42/100
WHAT AN AMIMAL IX: 6/12
CLOAK & DAGGER CHALLENGE: 9/20
HORROR READING CHALLENGE: 8/16
NEW RELEASE CHALLENGE: 24/30

So I had 2 5-paw reads, 5 4-paw reads and 1 3-paw read with my favorite book being "The Demonist."  Booker T didn't get to review a book this month, but his brother Cassius stepped in and had a few comments to share about the gryfalcon in "The Shadow Queen."  I think my challenges are in pretty good shape but I hope to read more horror in May.

What did you read in April???


3 comments:

  1. Well done - you had a great month even if it wasn't your star month. Mine was similar to be honest - too much gallivanting.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. April was pretty productive for me. I try to think of it now as every book I read is one off the tbr, and try not to worry too much about what hasn't been read yet! Last night I abandoned four books as I couldn't get into any of them so that helps! So think of it as a successful month after all as you did get stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight is still pretty good Barb! for such a busy month. My favorite book was also "The Demonist." I'm trying to find a Savage ARC. Hope your neck gets better.

    ReplyDelete