Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (57)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.






October 11, 2016
 FROM GOODREADS: A terrifying tale of a young family who move into an apartment building next to a graveyard and the horrors that are unleashed upon them.

One of the most popular writers working in Japan today, Mariko Koike is a recognized master of detective fiction and horror writing. Known in particular for her hybrid works that blend these styles with elements of romance, The Graveyard Apartment is arguably Koike’s masterpiece. Originally published in Japan in 1986, Koike’s novel is the suspenseful tale of a young family that believes it has found the perfect home to grow in to, only to realize that the apartment’s idyllic setting harbors the specter of evil and that longer they stay, the more trapped they become.

This tale of a young married couple who are harboring a dark secret is packed with dread and terror, as they and their daughter move into a brand new apartment building built next to a graveyard. As strange and terrifying occurrences begin to pile up, people in the building begin to move out one by one, until the young family is left alone with someone... or something... lurking in the basement. The psychological horror builds moment after moment, scene after scene, culminating with a conclusion that will make you think twice before ever going into a basement again.


WHY I'M WAITING:  This sounds like an awesome horror read and that cover is chilling.  However, a little back story...our home is 116 years old and the basement is more like a dungeon (I hate even looking down the stairs at it)...therefore I'm not really sure I should be reading a book which says it will make you think twice before going into a basement again!  

What are you waiting for this week? 
 



13 comments:

  1. How have I not heard about this one! This sounds great so it's going on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is definitely going on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited about this too:-D I love any kind of haunted house stories, and this has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super creepy. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don´t know the author, yet, but it sounds interesting :-). Happy reading.
    Vi @Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I can't help but wonder, who would build a building next to a graveyard??
    But this surely sound creepy.
    I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japan & Horror? I'm so in! I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. It sounds so far up my alley that I will have to put it on my wishlist. Fantastic pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, I am very intrigued! I especially like the haunting cover. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that cover *shivers* I'm not a fan of horror, but I can appreciate an atmospheric cover and an epic blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky cover! I love stories like this. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, such a SPOOKY cover!! I'm afraid this one will be much too terrifying for me, to be honest. I'm just too big of a CHICKEN to read stuff like this...lol. I can read some Gothic novels, though.

    Well, I do hope you'll enjoy this one! Hope you're having a GREAT week, too!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh that cover is so creepy! I love it! I can't do real horror, so this probably isn't for me--I'm too paranoid. :) I hope you love it when you read it, though--and it doesn't freak you out too badly about your basement! :D

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete