Tuesday, May 3, 2016

TTT - Characters I Would Like To Revisit As Adults and Kids


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week we are looking at characters you would like to revisit as adults or any variation related to that so I am doing the top 5 in two catergories.

Characters I Would Like to Revisit as Adults: 

I think everyone who enjoys this series would like to have more about many of these characters once they reach adulthood.

While it might sound a little twisted, I would love to see what happens when these animals age.  Does Pooh ever get smarter?  Does Eeyore become happier?

I know it's not a popular opinion, but Alice annoyed the heck out of me.  I would like to revisit her as an adult to see if she ever matured or learned any lessons.

It would be interesting to see where this story heads once some of these characters grow up.

Please give me an adult Eleanor and Park Ms. Rowell....please!

Characters I Wish I Had Known As Children:

Although they became annoying at the end, I would love to see what kid-Sam, kid- Eric and kid- Sookie were like. Imagine attending grade school in that town!

While not technically the same premise, when reading this, I kept wanting more backstory on John Fogg and his wife (their childhoods, their dating process, etc)

I want to meet toddler/teen Jenks.  He's still one of my favorite sidekicks and I needs more stories about him.  It would be a great illustrated children's book.

Hmmmm...this was much harder than  I thought so I will leave it at this.  Guess it should be Top Eight Tuesday (not quite the ring).

What made your list?


12 comments:

  1. I think Harry Potter is going to be on most lists though I'd rather see Sirius, James, Snape and co at school and the forming of the original Order, and the battles that led to the death of characters that Moody and Sirius talked about. *sigh* WANT PREQUELS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read many of these. Even Harry Potter. I know that I really need to read Harry Potter. I would love to meet Jenks and Eric as kids though. Great post!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor & Park!!!! Yes! I need to know what happened after the end of the book! Great pick!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! YES of course to Harry Potter! And I would so love to see the True Blood characters as kids, that would be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love an update on Eleanor, I need a happy ending for her. I love your spin on your second five. There are so many strong characters that I know now that I definitely wish I had as a kid. Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect (hope?) the characters of Winnie the Pooh stay the same. Then again, I like child-like adults.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see what happened next to Alice! More adventures?... Drug addiction?!... Asylum?!?! It's all possible :P


    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really interesting topic! Yes, I'd love to see how Harry and the gang are as adults. And I'd love, love, love to see a teenage Jenks! I have a feeling some of his kids make him 'pay for his raising'. *haha*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like everyone wants to see Harry and the Gang as adults, me included!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of a young Sam and even young Eric - great picks! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post! I'd love to know what adult-Harry Potter and pals are up to! I loved loved loved Eleanor & Park, but I know they just lived happily ever after, so don't need an update on them. :)

    Hmmm. Who else?? Maybe the kids from The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes all of the Harry Potter characters! And Eleanor and Park!! Fabulous list!! :D

    ReplyDelete