Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (55) - Don't Let The Cute Dog Fool You



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.







August 11, 2016    
FROM GOODREADS: The name's Gideon Tau, but everyone just calls me London. I work for the Delphic Division, the occult investigative unit of the South African Police Service. My life revolves around two things - finding out who killed my daughter and imagining what I'm going to do to the bastard when I catch him.

I have two friends. The first is my boss, Armitage, a fifty-something DCI from Yorkshire who looks more like someone's mother than a cop. Don't let that fool you. The second is the dog, my magical spirit guide. He talks, he watches TV all day, and he's a mean drunk.

Life is pretty routine - I solve crimes, I search for my daughter's killer. Wash, rinse, repeat. Until the day I'm called out to the murder of a ramanga - a low-key vampire - basically, the tabloid journalist of the vampire world. It looks like an open and shut case. There's even CCTV footage of the killer.

Except... the face on the CCTV footage? It's the face of the man who killed my daughter. I'm about to face a tough choice. Catch her killer or save the world? I can't do both.

It's not looking good for the world.

Poison City is the first in a fantastical new series for fans of Ben Aaronovitch, Lauren Beukes, Sarah Lotz and Stephen King.


WHY I'M WAITING:  I saw this last week on a Booktube channel - Elena Reads Books - and it sounds like a great mix of fantasy, mystery and occult.  AND the dog is a spirit dog who watches TV, talks and apparently has a drinking issue - I need to learn more!


What are you waiting for this week?   

 

9 comments:

  1. This is already on my list, great choice! Although I don't think there is a US release date/cover yet. I love anything with talking dogs, and a drunk talking dog sounds so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love mysteries, and this one sounds unique and fascinating. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THIS MUST BE THE PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one but I hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my usual choice but that blurb is so intriguing! I hope the book is written in the same narrative style :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one yet. It sounds like it could be interesting. I hope you love it if you get to read it and I would be very curious to see your review for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like something I would love. It definitely goes on the list - thanks.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like it has a lot of great elements and it is definitely unique. Great pick!

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pick sounds really good. Adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I'm not that much into mysteries, but you've gotten me interested with the whole paranormal angle! So, yes, I DO want to read this book! It's got a very nice mix of elements. And a spirit dog who has a drinking problem? A bit of humor, as well! Thanks for featuring this one!!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own WOW post!! Hope you have a FAB weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete