Tuesday, May 24, 2016

TTT - 10 Books I Feel Differently About Now That Time Has Passed


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week I am featuring books I feel differently about now that time has passed.  

The Library at Mount Char - When I read this, I was constantly going back and forth "Do I love this, do I hate this, do I even LIKE it at all?" Yet this book has stuck with me and I feel I almost could change it to 5/5 instead of the 4/5 I originally gave it.

This Dark Endeavor - I really really really wanted to LOVE this book when I read it and it kind of hit short for me.  However, the more I think about it, I don't know that I have it a fair chance and a reread and then a continuation of the duology may be needed. 

The 5th Wave - I know I am in the minority but I really didn't like this book and the more time passes, the stronger my dislike grows.  (Although strangely enough I enjoyed the movie - it's the rare instance where I found the movie better than the book).

The Undead Series - I loved this series when it first came out in 2004 and thought it was awesome.  While I still enjoy them as light reads, now that I have read TONS more, they just aren't what I thought they were.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - This probably wouldn't have made this list last week, but here's what happened.  I adored this book when I read it in 2014.  I have recommended it so many times and featured it on so many lists.  Then this weekend, I finally watched the movie.  AND it annoyed me.  Now I don't know if the love I felt for the book was real or not.  And to top it off, my husband saw pieces of it and commented that it didn't look like a half bad movie.  Given this is sooooo not his genre, now I am more confused.

So what made you list this week?  I am so utterly baffled by my thoughts on Me, Earl and the Dying Girl that I am quitting at 5.


11 comments:

  1. Not read any of those books though I do have a few in that undead and unwed series sitting on my shelf. :) I can't think of any of the top of my head that I think differently of now that time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it to be a rather difficult topic this week so that's why I only mentioned 5.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these books before but I've heard of Earl. A few of my friends love both the books and the movie.

    Sya @ Bookish Sya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to read Me and Earl and The Dying Girl, but I just couldn't get into it....Then I went ahead, and watched the movie. I'll probably never finish the book! :\
    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still really love the 5th Wave, but thought the second book was a letdown. I haven't seen the movie, adaptations make me all kinds of nervous, but I'm glad you liked it, even if the book wasn't quite as enjoyable as it could have been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My opinion of Me & Earl actually went up over time! Hahah. I thought it was super crude when I read it, but afterwards I realised that I had laughed a lot and it wasn't such a bad book. xD But yeeeeah, still definitely only a 3-star sort of area for me. :P And I didn't really love The 5th Wave either, so you're not alone!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do re-rate books based on how well (or unwell) they stuck with me. I read The 5th Wave- started it right before I saw the movie and then finished it right after. I didn't love the book, but I liked it, the movie? Not so much. But the one guy was fairly attractive, so that was worth it.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the Undead series when I read book one but I found the books were all the same and by book four I quit the series. I didn't like the 5th Wave either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Library At Mount Char! That was such a good one. Very unique. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked The 5th Wave, but I do get why others aren't so taken by it.

    And The Library at Mount Char sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the opposite to you on The 5th Wave - I adored the book but I nearly fell asleep during the film! I still haven't read OR watched Me and Early - I should get around to that eventually...

    ReplyDelete