Saturday, May 28, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (66) It's Only Been 2 Weeks?????

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  Clicking on the book should take you to the Goodreads page.  

So I didn't get a post up last week due to time constrictions, so yes, this appears to be a lot of books.  And yes, it actually IS a lot of books but oh well!

I bought the first ones during the Book Outlet Mother's Day Sale:


Battlepug Vol. 2 Battlepug Vol. 3 The Stephen King Companion Nightmares

I got each of the Battlepugs books for less than $3.00 and while I still have to get Vol. 1 from Amazon, that's a darn good price for hardback graphic novels. I have also been eyeing the Stephen King Companion for a while so I jumped at it as well.

I had to run to my not-so-local library this week (and by not-so-local I mean the one that's 5 miles away instead of 2) and of course I had to bring new books home.

Save Me Kurt Cobain The Cracked Spine Hallow Point Sacred Heart

Hallow Point as a total impulse grab and wouldn't you know it is the second book in a series! Why don't that put that crap on the cover somewhere. I specifically looked before I checked out. At least it looks like I can get the first one from my library's Overdrive system.

And finally, review books. From Netgalley, Edelweiss, authors and publishers I received:

Jonathan Unleashed Crime Plus Music Scratch Dog Gone
Zoo City No Bones Tail and Trouble Chasing Rabbits

I'm excited to get to all of these (eventually) and am thrilled to get approved for "Jonathan Unleashed" and "Zoo City."

I know I have some Kindle books I grabbed either as freebies or on sale, but I will just have to showcase them next week.

 So what did you add to your shelves this week????

8 comments:

  1. Some really good dog covers there especially Tail & Trouble! There needs to be more dogs in the genres I read so I can get a few good doggy covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my eye on Save Me, Kurt Cobain so I will be eager to read your thoughts on it. I remember seeing No Bones on NetGalley and thought I might be seeing that book on your blog soon. I mean there is a dog on the cover :)

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Cracked Spine so I hope you enjoy it and some of those others look really cool too! :)

    Happy reading!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoo City was very dark and gritty, but really good. I love that Lauren Beukes' early books are being repackaged. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of interesting books with interesting covers. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not too much for me this week but I'm trying to catch up on my reading so that's ok.

    Enjoy all your books!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Nightmare books! I can't wait for the third one. I hope you enjoy all of these, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know these books but I hope you enjoy them all :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete