Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Can't Wait Wednesday (253)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I don't really have a synopsis for this one yet.  You guys may remember how much I enjoyed What's Bred in the Bone, a sci-fi novel featuring my beloved canines.  If not, HERE is my review. I know the author planned to release the next one in the series in May, but not until I contacted her did I have any idea that she had a novella coming out by the end of the March.  Here is also a link to an article on Weird Sisters Publishing which came out on the blog detailing the cover process.  Make sure to check it out HERE.

CASSIUS'S PICK:



SYNOPSIS: Twelve-year-old Epic McDade isn't ready for middle school. He'd rather help out at his family's dog-friendly bed n' breakfast all summer, or return to his alternative elementary school in the fall, where learning feels safe. But change comes in all shapes and fur colors. When Carmelito, California is named America's #1 Dog-Friendly Town, all the top dogs and their owners pour into Epic's sleepy seaside neighborhood for a week of celebration.

The McDades are in dog heaven with all the new business until a famous dog's jewel-encrusted collar goes missing. Every guest is a suspect, and Epic will have to embrace new friends and new ideas to sniff out the culprit before the week is through. 

WHY CASS CAN'T WAIT: I noticed Mom has been reading some MG lately.  When I asked her about this, because yes, Mom and I talk, she said it was a great escape from the craziness going on in the world.  I can see Mom's anxiety creeping in some so my pick this week is all about making her feel better and who wouldn't feel great in a town filled with dogs???

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT ON THIS WEEK???


37 comments:

  1. I agree with MG being an escape! Some people read Romance or cozies when they want to decompress. I read Middle Grades. 📚✨

    Tell Cass his pick is going on my TBR. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad that we all have our comfort reads. I'll pass on the news to Cass :)

      Delete
  2. Both of these are going on my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid books can be a great escape from the real world, can't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for A Dog-Friendly Town. It's so cute and it sounds good too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound so good! I love the cover for A Dog Friendly Town!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you like it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of The Other Side of Fear. Kinda has that old school cover vibe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really enjoy What's Bred in the Bone. Sci-fi and dogs - how can you go wrong???

      Delete
  8. Both look really good. Although I'm a cat lover, I do like dogs too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both. We've rescued some cats in the neighborhood before but they were always outside cats.

      Delete
  9. Oooh! Both of these books sound interesting, especially the Other Side of Fear!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I want Dog Friendly Town! Good choice Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dog picks again as usual! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. Thanks for stopping by The Farm as well.

      Delete
  12. A Dog-Friendly Town sounds (and looks) super cute and sweet! How can you go wrong with all those doggos, hm? I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it. :3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these look fun in very different ways. I hope you love both of them! :)

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chances are very good I will love both I am sure.

      Delete
  14. I still need to read What's Bred in the Bone! I better hurry up with it, because The Other Side of Fear looks great.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand your mum's worries Cass, as I have them too! My nerves are all over the place, going up and down on an hourly basis! It's a tough time for us humans Cass so you need to give your mum and dad lots of love and cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about Cass and Apollo - they are excellent at taking care of their humans.

      Delete
  16. Cass is right; a Dog Friendly town looks so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need therapy dogs right now right?

      Delete
  17. Aww Cass is so sweet. We all need an escape from anxiety right now, and both choices have dogs, so what could be better??

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Other Side of Fear looks interesting - I'll go and check out What's Bred in the Bone too.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Escape is good. The books covers are cute. I hope you enjoy your books and they provide the anxiety relief needed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it when a surprise book or novella in a series that I love is released. I agree with Cass that a book about a town filled with dogs sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A Dog Friendly Town looks like a cute MG read. I might have to snag a copy of that for my 12 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete