Tuesday, March 31, 2020

2 Bloggers 1 Series


So Stormi and I are continuing our series read of the Longmire this month with the third installment, Kindness Goes Unpunished.  See what I thought and then make sure you visit Stormi @ https://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com

NOTE: I was trying to fix something and accidentally deleted my entire review.  So now you're getting the cliff notes version. This sucks!

TITLE: Kindness Goes Unpunished (Longmire #3)
AUTHOR: Craig Johnson
PUBLISHER: Penguin Books
PUBLISHING DATE: March 15, 2007


FROM GOODREADS: 

Walt Longmire has been Sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, for almost a quarter of a century, but when he joins his good friend Henry Standing Bear on a trip to the City of Brotherly Love to see his daughter, Cady, he's in for a shock. Walt hasn't even put his boots up when Cady is viciously attacked and left near death on the steps of the Franklin Institute. He soon discovers that she has unwittingly become involved in a deadly political cover-up. Backed by Henry, Dog, Deputy Victoria Moretti, and the entire Moretti posse of Philadelphia police officers, Walt unpacks his saddlebag of tricks to mete out some Western-style justice. 

MY THOUGHTS:

THINGS I LIKED: 

How the author incorporated Native American lore into the setting of Philadelphia.

The relationship between Henry and Walt and how they have respect for each other but still are willing to tell it like it is when necessary. 

Getting to meet the rest of the Moretti family. 

The mystery was good and I didn't figure out what was going on until the end reveal.

Seeing Walt's love for his daughter Cady.

That Walt took Dog on vacation with him.

THINGS I DISLIKED:

I missed the Absaroska County setting. 

I didn't have the best feeling for Vic's mother.

The horse died!

RATING: 3.5 PAWS








8 comments:

  1. I've only watched th show but I love the dynamic between Walt and Henry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one thing that's almost even better in the books. Seems they spend more time together.

      Delete
  2. Shame this one didn't work out - and then your review got deleted - it's almost like a sign :D
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, that ticked me off. It's a long story but I basically blame my boss, and I'm even laid off so he had to work extra hard to mess me up :)

      Delete
  3. I have accidentally deleted a few things on the blog and it sucks. I am sorry that happened to you. I am not sure if this is a series for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it. I actually think I'd enjoy it more if I didn't love the series so much. Although the books have Dog in them and I don't think he was in the series.

      Delete
  4. I did wonder about the missing post! Yes I've done that myself and I know how long writing reviews takes!

    ReplyDelete