Thursday, March 5, 2020

February Down For the Count!


So once again, the months seem to be flying by.  I swear, it's true, the older you get, the faster time passes.  February is always a scary reading month.  I mean we all know how short it is.  However, this year we got an extra day with it being Leap Year.  However, I'm thrilled to say the short month didn't get me down.  I actually read 12 books!  I'm extremely shocked.  So here's the recap and once again, hit the book title if you want to be redirected to my reviews.

The Stand: Stephen King (3/5)
The Third to Die: Allison Brennan (4/5)
The Guest List: Lucy Foley (5/5)
Are You Watching: Vincent Ralph (4/5)
Locke & Key - Heaven and Earth: Joe Hill (3/5)
Locke & Key - Dog Days: Joe Hill (4/5)
Wither - J.G. Passarella (4/5)
The Aosawa Murders: Riku Onda (4/5)
The Garden of Bewitchment: Catherine Cavendish (4/5)
Death Deserved: Horst and Enger (4/5)
Death Without Company - Longmire #2: Craig Johnson

So let's just say February seems to have been the month of thrillers.  At least I had an awesome amount of 4 paw reads.  If I had to pick my least favorite, it's sad to say but it was The Stand.  And my most favorite has to be The Guest List.  Such a great atmospheric read. 

I must add that I kind of failed at my own challenge this month.  The only books I read which featured dogs were Locke & Key Dog Days and A Murderous Relation.  Well, I also have to add that The Stand had an epic dog and the Longmire series has Dog, the lazy man's dog name.  So I'm counting them!  Make sure to go link your wrap up if you participated as I'll be picking a winner on the 6th!

THEY CALL IT PUPPY LOVE CHALLENGE

So how was your February?  Have you read any of these?


30 comments:

  1. Wow, you did have a great month! I can't believe I never got around to reading a dog centric book for your challenge. I guess there's always next year😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Don't worry, I struggled to work any in as well. There is always next year and La La in the Library does Dogs Days of Summer so you could catch that too.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of those but you read a good amount of books last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually shocked myself. And most were pretty good which helps.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on reading 12 books. I hope you’re having a great March!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only one i have read is the stand. looks like you had a good month
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like it? I think we should have read the original shorter version.

      Delete
  5. February was a really good reading month for you! I managed to read several really good books myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing under 3 stars! I'd say thats an extra win/win for February. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think winter is a good time to read thrillers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be. I know a lot of people feel that way.

      Delete
  8. That's a pretty good reading month especially when one of the books was The Stand!

    I didn't do great for Puppy Love either as it came in the middle of my reading slump! Three actual books featuring dogs and a pile of Fred Basset cartoon books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sad thing it was probably the worst one I read. It barely made 3 stars.

      Delete
  9. You did so good! I barely had any time for reading, sadly. I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm... I thought I commented on this, but just in case... twelve books is stellar! I only managed eight. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dunno, people say that about getting older, but I'm not that old, and I still don't know where February went? Did we venture too close to a wormhole or something? Did time warp in reverse? xD

    Looks like you had a pretty good reading month, though, despite everything! All sorts of good reads. Here's to hoping that March follows suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we definitely got too close to the wormhole. So far March has been pretty good as well.

      Delete
  12. What a great month! I'm sorry The Stand didn't work out, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No and can you believe, Stormi and I have decided to tackle Swan Song mid year? Are we gluttons for punishment?

      Delete
  13. This winter was mostly about mysteries/thriller for me as well! Really good one I have to say. My first Ruth Ware's book was so good (turn of the key) that now I can't wait to read more of her thriller! Hope March is even better for you Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't think I've read anything by her!

      Delete
  14. I can't believe I didn't read a book with a dog in for your challenge! How disappointing.
    You had a great reading month though - I was so bad in february that I didn't even post a monthly wrap up.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete