Tuesday, March 24, 2020

TTT - Books to Get Lost In

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish they  handed over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.

This week is a genre freebie so I thought I'd actually share with you some of my top recommendations for books to get lost in.  I am trying to do a balancing act of watching enough news to be informed but not falling into the hysteria and panic all this social media can lead to doing the time of this horrible pandemic.  Losing yourself in a good read is as good a way as any to do this I think (even though I admit that at times, I'm STILL having trouble concentrating).  On with the books!


ATOMIC FRENCHIE- A perfect mix of narrative and comics and who doesn't want to read about a French Bulldog and his sidekick turtle trying to take over the world!

THE FOREVER HOUSE - I'm reading this one now for a tour spot on Thursday and it's the PERFECT time to read it.  Waggoner's mind is a fun place to visit and while some things in this book are really out there, I'm loving every minute of it so far!

THE FABLEHAVEN SERIES - I read this 5 book series years ago and it still holds a fond place in my heart.  I think MG fantasy is an awesome choice when your trying to lose yourself because it doesn't always require intense concentration and features such fantastical worlds!

THE LIBRARY LOVERS SERIES - Such wonderful characters in a quaint seaside town.  Plus it features a library and all its staff.  This cozy is a wonderful way to take you mind off of things - at least for a little while.

THE SECRET OF HAPPY EVER AFTER - I love Lucy Dillon and the books in this series are more set in a quaint little town where dogs are valued as much as humans and are an integral part of someone's life.

WRITTEN IN RED - Another great urban fantasy tale which is both lengthy and fascinating.  It's one I'm even considering rereading one day and you guys know how I feel about rereading. 

THE SHINING - Why not spend your time in isolation reading about a family spending their time in isolation?  Sounds twisted I know but I personally find horror books a great way to forget about current events for a while.

THE SUICIDE MOTOR CLUB - Oh how I love this book.  Another horror book where you can lose yourself in a dark gritty world of nasty vampires and revenge!

HOLLOW KINGDOM - What's a list at The Farm without this book?  Read it and then go outside and get some fresh air and see if you can find some crows to save the day.

THE LAST WOMAN IN THE FOREST - Here's a recommendation for all you mystery/thriller lovers.  Plus it has a snowy setting and a great dog.  

Seriously, I hope everyone is staying safe. Our blogging community is so important right now to stay connected and we've all made some wonderful friends on-line.  Prayers and safety to all of you and your family right now!  

Much Love - Booker T's Farm (Barb, Mr. Barb, Cassius and Apollo)

22 comments:

  1. Okay the Forever House has me curious now! And ooh Due or Die looks fun. Jenn McKinlay's cozies always seem to have those nice inviting covers haha. That last one looks great also.

    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I definitely prefer to get lost in a good book. Staying informed is great, but at some point you just gotta turn off the news and social media or else go crazy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes you have to turn everything off!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, Barb, I want to stay informed but not be overwhelmed by the news. Great recommendations! The Last Woman in the Forest sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read. I highly recommend that one.

      Delete
  4. The birds and Rodney the squirrel all seemed pretty chilled out today! Rodney was enjoying the sun and chill breeze as he watched me watching him from the window! I agree, the online community need to stick together and support each other in this crisis. Stay safe with Mr Barb and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being chill is the way to be right now. You and your family stay safe as well.

      Delete
  5. You know what, I'm going to see how long the library waitlist is for The Shining. That seems like a fun thing to read at the moment. Yes, I'm bored while being stuck at home during this pandemic, but things could be so much worse. :)

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you get it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

      Delete
  6. I'm thrilled to see two of my FAVORITE books on your list, Hollow Kingdom and The Suicide Motor Club! It's been hard for me to concentrate too, so finding an immersive book is key to reading these days. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I actually think of you whenever I mention either one.

      Delete
  7. I definitely need some good stories to get lost in right now! I've read a couple of these. I've heard good things about the McKinlay series, but I haven't read it. I'll have to give it a go.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting lost in books is important to many right now. Thanks for sharing some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My TBR begged me not to click on this link, but here we are anyway. Because I live on the wild side. I definitely need to read Fablehaven! Actually, I've wanted to work my way through Brandon Mull's work in general. And Hollow Kingdom! I still need to pick that up. I keep forgetting. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because of your job, you definitely need to read Fablehaven. It's such a great series. I also want to read the companion MG series he has featuring dragons.

      Delete
  10. It's a perfect time to get lost in a book world and escape this scary one for a bit. Written in Red is one of my very favorites. I adored that whole series and I miss those characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read book 5 in that series before starting the spin-off. I know I'll miss Sam and Meg when it's over.

      Delete
  11. Same here with the reading; almost zero concentration. All I can manage is listening to ebooks on text-to-speech while I'm eating. 😛

    I cannot wait to get to Hollow Kingdom next year, but I've already told you that at least 100 times. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concentration is in big demand right now it seems. And that's okay, I think I've pushed Hollow Kingdom 100 times.

      Delete