Thursday, July 23, 2020

Book Discussion - I'll Take Antlers For the Win...


Well once again it's time for another book discussion here at Booker T's Farm.  And once again, I'm visiting the topic of good old Booksnake.  See, Booksnake is still alive, well and slithering all over coers near and far.  And just when I think it can get no worse, I see this!


If my language offends anyone ahead of time I apologize but WHAT THE HELL???  I can't even count the Booksnake offsprings!  My snake fearing soul did not need to see this on a Facebook group one morning.  No matter how good the book might sound, there is no way I could hold a physical copy for long.  (I'm assuming it's a Medusa retelling.  I mean, how could it not be?)

So those who missed the original Booksnake discussion, here the LINK.

So now I pose another question.  It seems like the majority of Booksnake appearances on on YA books. I read anything that interests me so by no means am I bashing YA.  But what about YA requires Booksnake?  Do teens have a snake obsession of which I am not aware?  I can't imagine it but I suppose it could be.  And are there actual snakes in a lot of Booksnake books or are authors and cover artists using him/her to symbolize something else.  

So just when I thought Booksnake was dead, seems like I was wrong.  Which brings me to a new trend I've noticed.  I tend to have noticed a few books with antlers on the covers including a recent fave I read last month.  


I could totally get on the antler trend if it means Booksnake is slithering away from good!

So tell me your thoughts and opinions.  I can't wait!

15 comments:

  1. I've definitely noticed the antler trend, which I like much more than snakes! But wow, Lore has really taken it over the top, I can see why you're horrified😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am much more amenable to antlers.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear you might want to avoid looking at my Weekend Roundup as Booksnake is making an appearance there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sounds weird but the snakes on your books make sense. A lot of the YA books I just don't get the snake connection.

      Delete
  3. i got a shiver looking at the cover but i think it's really cool
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of cool - at least for the few seconds I can stand looking at it.

      Delete
  4. The cover of Lore is totally creepy. I'd have to cover it up with one of those book covers you make from a paper bag before I could read it. I don't get the booksnake trend at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. Or use an ereader so you don't have to look at the cover at all.

      Delete
  5. *shudders* That booksnake cover gives me the shivers. I didn't realise booksnake was such a staple of YA books bc clearly I don't pay enough attention to those covers (woops!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I hadn't paid attention. Now I see him EVERYWHERE!

      Delete
  6. I can't imagine what it's like to see all these snakes everywhere when you are so afraid of them. I don't know where the snake trend came from but I haven't seen too many recently so maybe it is fizzling out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as it's not book guacamole, I'm okay. 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Now I wonder what kind of plot they could use that for?

      Delete
  8. Oooh! I could get on an antler trend as well! I love the cover of SGJ's book!

    ReplyDelete