Friday, July 17, 2020

June Down For the Count!




I apologize for the very late monthly wrap up but let's just say July sucks so it's been hard to get things done. My Grandfather is still in the hospital, new COVID-19 cases are blowing up everywhere and I'm just waiting for the Governor to close the state down again.  But on to more positive things.

So overall I'm once again thrilled with the amount of books I was able to read in June.  I guess if there's one advantage to COVID-19, it's that I have plenty of time to read. On to the books!

The Bone Jar: SW Kane (5/5)
This Is Not a Love Story: Mary Hargreaves (4/5)
The Stranger in the Lake: Kimberly Belle (4/5)
Safe: SK Barnett (4/5)
The Girl From Widow Hills: Megan Miranda (4/5)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon: Stephen King (3/5)
The Only Good Indians: Stephen Graham Jones (4/5)
Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2): Gail Carriger (4/5)
A Good Girl's Guide to Murder:Holly Jackson (5/5)
Pine: Francine Toon (2/5)
Starving Ghosts in Every Thread: Eric LaRocca (4/5)
The Silent Wife: Karin Slaughter (4/5)

Of the 12 books I read, I have to say my least favorite was Pine.  I still am unsure about that one and really can't recommend it to anyone although some really love it.  My favorites were definitely A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and The Only Good Indians.

So have you read any of these?  And what was your favorite read during June?

7 comments:

  1. You read some interesting books and some I want to try. What about the Bone Jar as a favorite since it was 5? I will be reading The Silent Wife soon and I LOVE that series. I've had most of it on audio though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great reading month! It's nice that we have books to turn to during these times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really good month, wow 12 books! I'm sorry about your grandpa, I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even remember June! All the days just seem to blur together lately. but hey, you managed to read a lot of good books last month! That's a good thing. :) Here's hoping your grandfather gets to come home soon! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on reading so many books! I did great with reading at the start of lockdown, but now things have fallen apart a little. I hope your July gets better!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great and I agree that The Good Girls Guide was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your grandpa is doing ok Barb. It's really weird having relatives in hospital during the pandemic with all the new rules and visitor bans in some places. Overall it looks like you had a good reading month despite events making the month suck.

    ReplyDelete