Saturday, July 11, 2020

What's Happening (07-11-20)...

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out. 

Well the world is going to hell in a handbasket!  COVID-19 rates are going up, my state is considering shutting down again and I really can't blame them, and Stupid Uncle is being STUPID again.  Well, not technically, he's just not here.  He's in the middle of the Mississippi somewhere.  If any of you guys see him, smack him for me.

Gpa is in the hospital.  Wednesday night the neighbors found him hiding in his car and saying he was shot and someone shot his car up and they were coming back to burn his house down.  He went to the ER in my town and by 4am they called me to come get him because he was doing fine.  By 2pm yesterday afternoon he was in his local ER because he was having issues again.  He hasn't been sleeping well and I know that impacts his mental health but they believe it's dementia causing flashbacks.  Don't ask, there was a similar incident years ago but don't worry, no one was shot except Stupid Uncle's car.  So now they are saying he can't live alone.  They were going to send him to a psych facility for a further analysis but now they are saying he isn't unstable enough.  And he can't get Home Health because he isn't sick.  I'd say shoot me now but I realize it would be poor phrasing considering the cuircumstances.

Moving on, I've been reading the same darn book all week. But it is King's The Institute so it;s understandable.  Basically I hope to finish it this weekend.  


I haven't shared any arcs lately so here's some of the great books I got lately.










So this is life in a nutshell.  Hope you all are staying safe and let me know if you've watched anything interesting because we are struggling to find new things!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa-he must have been so scared by those flashbacks. Dementia is a really cruel illness-my mum had it in her final weeks and for her not to know who I was broke me. It's the system that's mad really-waiting for someone to become more unstable before they can give treatment is the very height of insanity. Stupid Uncle isn't going to Trump rallies is he?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gpa cared for my Grandmother for 11 years while she suffered from it and Alzheimer's disease. It is a very sad disease and is so hard on the families. There may be some hope that misuse of his sleeping pill may have made him worse so now they are switching it and we are hoping to see some change.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about Gpa🙁 I hope everything turns out ok. I mean on top of all the other stress that's probably the last thing you need. But your new books are awesome, I also have The Ghost Tree, and I've been eyeing We Hear Voices and may break down and request it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at least books are still a great escape. You know you want to request We Hear Voices (evil grin).

      Delete
  3. What a week you've been having! I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lark. The blogging community is always so supportive.

      Delete
  4. Oh my you've got a lot going on. Yes the world has gone topsy turvy. At least you have some good books to escape with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you figure out some good option for your Grandpa. We were lucky my Mom was able to live in her home and drive until a couple years ago. She is 93 now and has been in a home since she broke her hip. She also seems to be confused more often.

    I've been reading better this week but still moody.

    Have a wonderful week and stay well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your Gpa. I hope he's doing well.

    I hope your books can help to provide some stressfree moments. I hope you have a great week. Take care and stay safe!

    My Sunday Post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your grandpa, he must have been so frightened having flashbacks from that traumatic time. I hope they'll get him checked out so that you can make the best decision for him. Happy reading with your new books though, if you can find some time for some relaxation and escapism!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. 100% agree the world is going to hell... Everyday a new garbage fire.
    Sorry to hear about your grandfather. That's got to be tough, especially on top of the general shit show that is the world at the moment. :(

    ReplyDelete